Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
1. We aim to uphold a good standard of conduct in the forums.
Please respect other members and avoid making posts that may be seen as personally offensive. We donít allow flame wars here.
Please note that this applies both to public postings and Private Messages.
2. We donít allow content of an adult or graphic nature to be posted on the forums.
3. Please moderate your language and avoid swearing and expletives. The only exception to this is written fiction posted for critique.
Even then, if you wish to post writing of a strong nature, please consider whether a general forum is going to be a suitable place for useful feedback.
4. It is not acceptable for any member to use the forum to make sexual advances against other members.
5. As a general rule, self promotion by new members is frowned upon and will likely be treated as spam. This includes promotion of own non-commercial websites.
Established members are welcome to share their websites/books with other members and facilities may be provided for this.
6. A PHP script is in place to prevent forum spamming. This also means that new members cannot post links until they have reached 15 posts.
Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is very effective at stopping abuse of the forum by people looking to join simply to advertise affiliate sites.
7. Affiliate links are not welcome Ė please refrain from posting them.
8. There is no formal disciplinary procedure.
Where threads may become argumentative, a member of staff may advise that posters re-consider their behaviour.
In the event that staff need to more directly moderate a member behaviour, a Private Message may be sent advising that such behaviour is not acceptable.
Members who ignore such warnings and continue disruptive behaviour may find their access to the site suspended, either temporarily or permanently.
Please note that we may at our discretion and without either warning or explanation ban any person from accessing to the forums.
This treatment is usually reserved for disruptive persons, spammers, and those seeking to harm other members or even the chronicles site directly.
Copyright & Privacy
1. While members are regarded as holding copyright over their own postings, once you post to the public forums, you grant the chronicles network non-exclusive permission to publish the content, and we may edit or remove such content as we see fit.
You may not demand any forum content to be deleted Ė if you do not wish your content to be posted, you should not publish it to the forums in the first place.
2. While we will endeavour to protect the privacy of members, we reserve the right to access any memberís private messages at any time and at our discretion.
Such a decision will never be taken lightly, and is principally reserved only for investigating rare reports of serious abuses of behaviour.