Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > Feedback

Feedback Raise questions, queries, bug reports, comments, general member feedback here, please. :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Can anyone help

I've been on this site for nearly a month now and think I've more or less found my way around. Still have a few questions though:

1) What is the difference between a forum and a chat room?
2) What is a super moderator as apposed to a moderator.. ie what makes them super.
3) What does adding someone to your buddy list or conversly ingnor list actually do. I'm intrigued.

Answers gratefully received.
jackokent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fierce Vowelless One

Re: Can anyone help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackokent
I've been on this site for nearly a month now and think I've more or less found my way around. Still have a few questions though:

1) What is the difference between a forum and a chat room?
A forum and a chatroom are very different. In a chat room you get instant conversation, whereas in a forum it is sort of like pasting a note to a wall and coming back later for responses (which actually happened in the Roman Forum I'm led to believe and the origin of the term). There are many other differences (like being able to speak on different subjects without interrupting others' conversations, not having to talk 'over' someone else...).
Quote:
2) What is a super moderator as apposed to a moderator.. ie what makes them super.?
A super moderator has moderator functions for the entire site whereas a moderator has moderator functions for their specific areas. I'm super just because
Quote:
3) What does adding someone to your buddy list or conversly ingnor list actually do. I'm intrigued.

Answers gratefully received.
If someone is on your ignore list, you will not see anything that they post. You will see that they have posted, but you will not be able to read what they've written. This is to enable you to ignore people who's posts are personally offensive or you just don't like them. I've never used it but I hear that it can be useful in keeping people from getting into arguments. As far as the buddy list goes, I've no idea. My guess is that you are informed when they are online as well as when and where they've posted so you can go and visit with them.

HTH
dwndrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Re: Can anyone help

Many thanks Dwndrgn or should I say Super Dwndrgn.

I wasn't about to relegate anyone to my ignoree list or buddy list for that matter, but it's nice to know what would happen if I did.

This is really helpful. Thanks again.
jackokent is offline   Reply With Quote

« Forum RPG | Smilies »
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: