Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 11:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Ever the optimist

Re: Brienna's "Last" word

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSSARIAN
You should wait until someone has at least ten posts before you categorize them as "obscure/retarded". Don't want to scare him/her off!
Nah, he's a stark! He's got the blood of the north coursing through his veins! He can take it! And i wasn't saying he was obscure/retarded.... Just his writing

Quote:
By the way, spelling "though" as "tho" is not obscure, but is retarded.
You've got me there! It's a fair cop 'Guv!
Dolorous Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 12:21 AM   #47 (permalink)
AryaUnderfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSSARIAN
Did you get an advance copy of the X4 script?
Yeah, I did. Brienne plays the character of Dark Freckle, who was thought to be dead, but returned with great melanomatic powers.
AryaUnderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 10:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Axes and Saws Prohibited

lol...you people are fantastic!(rolls about on the floor giggling uncontrollably)
the smiling weirwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 10:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
ScottSF

you guys are brilliant, I would have guessed "Jaime" which would have been consistant but wouldn't have saved her, or "Arya" but I never thought of "Sword." I've noticed that Martin uses plot devices that are "not fair" in the context to create momentum. As a reader I want unfair things to get fixed and often life just stays unfair.
ScottSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 10:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
ScottSF

if I understand correctly we may not get the answer in the next book becauase the stories are split by character. Perhaps toward the end of the next book if we follow Cat's character we will find the answer.
ScottSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 02:24 AM   #51 (permalink)
I Do Not Sow

Here's a guess:

"I am a knight who says NI! and I shall say NI! again."

As good a guess as the 4 pages of guesses on this thread so far.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 02:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
Lord of the City-Within

Pre'haps "Jon"?
Prefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 05:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
A Plume of Smoke

I love Brienne and find it impossible to consider her dead. Although I think her valuable to the story I believe that Pod has much invested into this tale.

Her last (?) word . .. .. Jaime.

What effect this will have, I do not know? These undead people are freaking me out.
Lacedaemonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 04:50 AM   #54 (permalink)
JohnSnow

Could Brienne's last word be "Dondarrion" He is not officially dead yet and a battle of undead nasty thing-a-ma-jigs would be interesting!

*snow*
JohnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 02:55 AM   #55 (permalink)
Opinionated Procastinator

Beric O'Dondarrion I believe expired to give Cat life....as one of the outlaws explains in the last chapter of Storm of Swords I think. You know when good ole Merrett (I believe thats the right name) is going to ransom Petyr Pimple and manages to trip and hang himself as well. Something about Thoros not wanting to do it....so Cat has Berics mostly dead life force animating her mucking-things-up corpse instead of her own partially dead (but mostly hydrogenated) life "stuff"
Aegon the Unworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 11:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Beyond Hadrian's Wall

Okay, i was thinking on this for a while, and i've decided that the most plausible way for a word for Brienne to survive, out of all the ones given so far, would be "Arya".

Not because i think unCat will be capable of mercy even for her daughter, but because Gendry is with them, and Gendry, it has been shown, has plenty of bubbling under feelings for our young wolf.

If the word "Arya" is spoken, then he may well rush to the rescue, and do his explaining afterwards.
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 02:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
I Do Not Sow

I think Gazz may have hit it on the head. This and "Ice" are the only possibilities in my mind.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 10:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
Thaphireth!

Gazz, hmmm... possible. Remember also, Harwin was with Beric's bunch. It seems to me that he might have already told Stoneheart about Arya and her adventures.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 11:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
Opinionated Procastinator

Part of me wants to believe that she promised to slay Jaime and is soon to be heading out to battle the Kingslayer...but I believe that Jaime is heading back to KL to defend Cersei's questionable honor...

Wouldnt that be like Martin though...you have the "best" knight in the realm struggling to return to form after losing a hand, so you set up a battle between him and the most unlikely knight (I like to think of Brienne as Duncan the Tall in Myrish lace)....

I dont see the fight actually happening though, Jaime is going to lose his life to the church's champion...but you know what they say about people and opinions...
Aegon the Unworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 12:18 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegon the Unworthy
Part of me wants to believe that she promised to slay Jaime and is soon to be heading out to battle the Kingslayer...but I believe that Jaime is heading back to KL to defend Cersei's questionable honor...
I can definitely see Jaime making an appearance at the trials, regardless of his intentions towards his sister. In fact there's even a way Jaime can furfill his duty as a Kingsguard and really serve Cersai a particularly cold dish of revenge...

It'd go something like this.

Jaime:- 'Here I am Sister, as ready as ever to fight our Queen.'

Cersai:- 'I knew you'd be here dear Brother... and isn't it marvellous no Loras Tyrell to be seen. What is our poor little pretty Margaery to do now?!?'

Jaime:- 'Don't worry yourself about OUR Queen, sister. I got a letter from our King... well from Uncle Kevan and Mace Tyrell actually, but Tommen put his seal to it and so there you are. Does mean I can't help you with that little matter you wrote to me about I am afraid, Tommen's request as King coming first as you know. Still I am sure Lancel or Kettleblack or even Moon-Boy would be more than happy to help...'

Cersai:- 'What?!? How dare you! What are you implying? You're in with Tyrion like all of the rest of them, traitor!'

Jaime (walking away):- 'I love you too, sister...'
Tom O'Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: