Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

Re: Ned Stark Question....

Hey, let's have a "Renly is still alive" loony theory. GRRM did say that someone from the 2nd book would reappear slightly worse for wear. This can only mean Renly's been partying hard with R'hllor for the past two books, and will reappear as UnRenly.

OK I'm no good at crackpot theories.
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
S.M.R.T.

Renly started a Rave across the Narrow Sea?

Schweet.

Don't know how they'd dance to the music of the period while waving pots of pyromancer's fire, but I can't wait to find out.
Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 05:40 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesanna View Post
Hey, let's have a "Renly is still alive" loony theory. GRRM did say that someone from the 2nd book would reappear slightly worse for wear. This can only mean Renly's been partying hard with R'hllor for the past two books, and will reappear as UnRenly.

OK I'm no good at crackpot theories.

GRRM was talking about

spiler below

Theon. Just in case you really didn't know that.
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

Thanks Imp, I think I had read that somewhere, but had actually forgotten! Sigh, I can dream it's Renly just back from a Rave
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Northern Monkey

Crazy thought #2003, if the wights breach the wall and get to the Winterfell Crypt, or wherever Ned ended up with the silent sisters, could he become an other? Not sure how recently dead you have to be to turn lol
Tansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:33 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansy View Post
Crazy thought #2003, if the wights breach the wall and get to the Winterfell Crypt, or wherever Ned ended up with the silent sisters, could he become an other? Not sure how recently dead you have to be to turn lol
Someone (I can't remember who) mentioned this. I think the consensus was you would need to have some flesh on the bones in order to be able to reanimate.
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 02:51 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSnow View Post
This is all moot anyway because the Lacasters and Yorks inevitably were conquered by the upstart rebel forces of Henry Tudor right? So long live the Targaryans, or will it by the Greyjoys?

Anyway, Boaz, Maybe a better thread would be to discuss SoIaF written by Martin using Pulp Fiction as a foundation!

js
Henry Tudor WAS of the house of Lancaster, albeit slightly distantly if I remember correctly but he definitely was. Just to be pedantic

I've grieved for Ned a long time ago, I don't want him to come back to life. Having said that I wouldn't be overly shocked, grrm has consistently blown my expectations. I don't think he will though. The biggest argument for his being truly dead is how could it possibly be explained that Ned stark would sit idly by whilst his family are murdered and hunted. Wouldn't happen.

Is there anyone who knows Jon's true parentage apart from Ned? As that would be the biggest argument for him being alive if not, as that mystery HAS to be solved.
Rolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 03:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
Old KiwiBird

Henry Tudor got his claim through the house of beaufort.Henry's mother was the great-granddaughter of John Gaunt, a duke of lancaster. His claim to the throne and lancaster power very tenuous at best. (from a woman and on the wrong sides of the sheets).

After a bunch of deaths, he ended up being the most senior lancaster claimant remaining.

Also part of the reason the war of the roses stopped was because he married Elizabeth of York thus reuniting the two warring houses. (That and he succesully overcame a couple of relatively more minor rebbelions)
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: