Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Publishers & Industry > Press Releases

Press Releases Resource for existing members to share news of latest successes with the chronicles community. NOTE: People who join just to post here will have their posts removed and accounts banned.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Free sf books!

I have some review copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains by yours truly to give away. In a variety of formats: PDF, mobi, epub or paperback. First come, first served. See http://whippleshieldbooks.wordpress.com/reviews/ to see what other people have said about it so far.

I also have some review copies of To Catch A Thief and Cowards Of Us All by Keith Sheffield as well. Mobi files only. Again, first come first served. See http://fanfaronpress.wordpress.com/ for more info.

Comment here if you're interested.
iansales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Would-be author

Re: Free sf books!

Ian, many thanks for the kind offer! I'd be very interested in getting hold of a paperback review copy of 'Adrift on the Sea of Rains', if one is still available.
Patrick Mahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Mahon View Post
Ian, many thanks for the kind offer! I'd be very interested in getting hold of a paperback review copy of 'Adrift on the Sea of Rains', if one is still available.
No problem. DM me your snail mail address and I'll pop one in the post.
Old 23rd September 2012, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Would-be author

Thanks Ian. I've sent you a private message here on Chrons with my address in it, as I don't think I've got your email address. Hope that's OK?
Old 23rd September 2012, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
resident pedantissimo

As I've not yet read anything by you (or the Sheffield person) I would be very interested to have a mobi file of either.
Chrispy
chrispenycate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispenycate View Post
As I've not yet read anything by you (or the Sheffield person) I would be very interested to have a mobi file of either.
Chrispy
No problem. DM me your email address and I'll send them along.
Old 24th September 2012, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Posts from the land of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansales View Post
I have some review copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains by yours truly to give away. In a variety of formats: PDF, mobi, epub or paperback. First come, first served. See http://whippleshieldbooks.wordpress.com/reviews/ to see what other people have said about it so far.

I also have some review copies of To Catch A Thief and Cowards Of Us All by Keith Sheffield as well. Mobi files only. Again, first come first served. See http://fanfaronpress.wordpress.com/ for more info.

Comment here if you're interested.
I'd love to have a paperback copy of the first one and the mobi other ones. Are there any left?
fishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishii View Post
I'd love to have a paperback copy of the first one and the mobi other ones. Are there any left?
No problem. DM me your post and email addresses. If you'd sooner have the mobi of Adrift on the Sea of Rains, you could have it much, much quicker :-)
Old 24th September 2012, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Optimist Primer

Hi Ian,

I'd be delighted to have a read of your work - nice website, by the way, and love the C111 Merc. To reciprocate, if you would like a free copy of my Novel - The Source, You'd be most welcome? Let me know. Mobi format would be perfect.
billhafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billhafan View Post
Hi Ian,

I'd be delighted to have a read of your work - nice website, by the way, and love the C111 Merc. To reciprocate, if you would like a free copy of my Novel - The Source, You'd be most welcome? Let me know. Mobi format would be perfect.
DM me your email address & I'll send you mobis of all three. What's The Source about?
Old 24th September 2012, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Optimist Primer

Hi Ian, The Source is part I of a Trilogy. It's an Action-Adventure, Sci-Fi /Fantasy plot, set in modern day, with a slightly different take on a few legends. It's only been out for a short time, but has been receiving some good reviews - fingers crossed, they continue A Gaming Software House has also been in touch with me since its release, and has shown some real interest in the Novel, with the possibility of use in one of their products.

There are some sample chapters on my site williamggee.com

I'm currently writing Part II

If you'd like a copy, Ian - Send me your mail address and I'll forward on a copy - which format would you like?
billhafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Accident-prone, allegedly

If you've still got copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains, I'd be interested. PDF or mobi. I should be able to read the latter on Kindle for PC. I'll put a review on Amazon and/or my Google+ page. It might take a couple of weeks though, due to reading backlog.

The Keith Sheffield books look interesting as well. Hopefully, I'm not too late.
Abernovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abernovo View Post
If you've still got copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains, I'd be interested. PDF or mobi. I should be able to read the latter on Kindle for PC. I'll put a review on Amazon and/or my Google+ page. It might take a couple of weeks though, due to reading backlog.

The Keith Sheffield books look interesting as well. Hopefully, I'm not too late.
No problem. DM me your email address and I'll send you mobis of all three.
Old 6th October 2012, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Would-be author

Ian,

I've just finished reading 'Adrift on the Sea of Rains' tonight. I thought it was excellent! You've written a novella for the Apollo-era space geek inside all of us. I loved the technical detail - but I was also hugely impressed by the way you showed us the human side of the story too.

I'll be writing a review over the next few days, to go on Amazon and a few other places.

Really looking forward to the next novella now!

Cheers, Patrick.
Old 6th October 2012, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks, Patrick. Glad you enjoyed it. I released the cover art to the second book of the Apollo Quartet earlier this week - see http://whippleshieldbooks.wordpress....t-2-cover-art/

I'm hoping to have the book ready to buy by end October / mid-November.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: