|Sport Sports forum for discussion of sports, sporting events, and sporting activities.|
|Welcome to the Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles forums|
|Welcome to the chronicles network, the UK's largest - and friendliest - science fiction and fantasy forums!
If you love to read or watch science fiction and fantasy, you've come to the right place to be among like-minded people.
And we count published authors, editors, and agents among our members, so have an especially strong community of aspiring writers.
To post or reply to a topic you'll need to register - but don't worry, it's free and we don't pass on any of your details to anyone else.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Rate Thread|
|16th May 2012, 12:21 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2006
A Team From Manchester Wins The English Premier League
Now that the English Premier League is over for another season Aun Doorback, Christian Nash and I thought would post a little United / Manchester City related football quiz.
Sometimes commentators and even posters on the Chrons seem to forget things about the teams, let’s hope this quiz helps to jog a few memories.
1) Which manager was accused of going back on his word over a player and had his integrity called into question?
2) Which team fielded a player that everyone thought would never play for the club again?
3) Which manager has difficulty with English?
4) Which team has got bitter fans?
5) Which team has spent hundreds of millions on players?
6) Which team has been accused of ‘buying’ trophies?
7) Which team ‘burnt out’ during the season?
8) Which manager is a master at ‘mind games’?
9) Which team never gives up?
10) Which team just won the English Premier League?
1) Ferguson. December 2008 – Ferguson said: “I wouldn’t sell that lot a virus.” June 2009 – He sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
2) United – Paul Scholes.
3) Ferguson - Have you heard him speak?
4) United - Just read the ‘football’ thread in this forum and maybe even some subsequent posts in this thread.
5) United - Nearly £400,000,000 since 2000.
6) United – They hold the record for a fee paid for a defender and the record for a fee paid for a teenager.
7) United – See Wigan, Everton and Manchester City results.
8) Just got be Mancini!
9) Just got to be Manchester City!
10) Manchester City! The clue was in the title of the thread.
We would like to say that this thread has been posted in the interests of genuine football humour and banter (and the recognition of the suffering that Manchester City fans have been through all these years ) and if it threatens to deteriorate into anything other than that we will encourage the mods to close it. Aun, Christian, Mosaix.
|16th May 2012, 01:43 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth and Kinross
Re: A Team From Manchester Wins The English Premier League
Fergusson has no trouble with English, but the foreigners around him do, he was born in Scotland, after all.
I loved that little crack, though, "A title won,not bought."
|Rate This Thread|