Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Discussion > Science / Nature

Science / Nature Messageboards for discussing all aspects of science, the environment of our world, and the scientific exploration of it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th April 2012, 08:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cave Painter

Re: Mythbusters Bust Moon Landing Conspiracy Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladd67 View Post
I bet if we were to dream up a conspiracy here between us
That sounds like the bet between Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard.
Metryq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 10:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Never Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladd67 View Post
... I bet if we were to dream up a conspiracy here between us, spread it around enough web sites then it would eventually end up on a conspiracy site as the hidden truth the authorities don't want us to know.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread825485/pg1
They haven't mentioned there that the Japanese tsunami was actually caused by a deliberate undersea nuclear explosion to ruin the Japanese economy?
RJM Corbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 11:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post

Once, many moons ago the aforementioned conspiracy nut challenged me to go to one of their gatherings and I accepted.
Brave thing to do, Foxbat. I know we should be open to new ideas and other people's opinions but, quite frankly, web sites like abovetopsecret are just bad for my blood pressure.

I think that saying from the Watergate era - follow the money - is relevant. Book, films, TV documentaries and charging for entry at meetings are all a constant pressure to keep these things going.

One day there'll be six World Heritage Sites (Solar System Heritage sites?) on the moon, marking the original landings, that people can visit. Unfortunately most of the conspiracy nutters will be dead by then and those that are alive will, no doubt, regard them as some kind of massive forgery.
mosaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shut my mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaix View Post
One day there'll be six World Heritage Sites (Solar System Heritage sites?) on the moon, marking the original landings, that people can visit. Unfortunately most of the conspiracy nutters will be dead by then and those that are alive will, no doubt, regard them as some kind of massive forgery.
I wonder if I can get 'I told you so, you nutter' engraved on my headstone
Foxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 06:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Stake Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM Corbet View Post
Cool! It's your idea, so you go first ...
Ok try this one,
Quote:
At 11.03 pm on 28 May 1993, a seismic event was detected in a remote region of Western Australia. It measured 3.6 on the Richter scale.
Among the suggestions for this event was the idea it was a nuclear test by the group Aum Shinrikyo who later gained notoriety for the sarin attack on the Tokyo underground. This of course is ridiculous, as everyone knows the Americans nuclear bombs dropped on Japan at the end of WWII attracted the attention of extraterrestrial nature and quickly alien craft were spotted flying in our planets atmosphere. It soon became apparent that these aliens had landed in the pacific ocean and had built large underground bases from which to launch the take over of this planet. To combat this threat an UN force was created to take the fight to these aliens underground. For decades a vicious and bloody conflict has been taking place under the pacific rim and South East Asia, it briefly broke surface in Korea in the early 50's when the combined forces of the UN fought against alien troops on the surface, the casualties being explained away by faking a 'Police Action' where the actual allied armies of Earth pretended to be fighting each other to hide the alien attempted occupation of the Korean peninsular. To ensure the general public never learnt of this failed attempt to shift the alien beach head it was agreed that North Korea would be sealed for the protection of the rest of the world. The story of the country being run by a despotic lunatic was created as a cover to explain any strange activities in that part of the world. The underground conflict escalated with the use of nuclear weapons leading to earthquakes and tsunamis in the region. The conflict reached it's peak in 93 when the Alien's main base was discovered the heart of Australia. A large land assault was attempted but beaten back leaving the UN no choice but to use nuclear weapons to remove the aliens from the surface of Australia. This occurred at 23:03 on May 28th and resulted on the total destruction of the alien occupation of Australia. Since that other than their occupation of North Korea, and the odd underground skirmish leading to unfortunate surface events the Aliens have remained contained and quiet.

A little far fetched I know but I bet some conspiracy theorist would argue there was a grain of truth hidden in this story.
Vladd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Never Sure

I like it. It's got aliens, even.

Now we need to interview a few old guys who can pass themselves off as army generals etc, on you tube ...
RJM Corbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stake Holder

There is even a chance to weave in the recent Rocket failure of North Korea.
Vladd67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: