Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Books and Literature > Book Search

Book Search Can't remember the title, name, or author of a book/writer of a story in the worlds of science fiction/fantasy? Then ask here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hopeless really =/

Recently I tried recalling a book from my youth. I can't accurately recall ANY of what happened, but I'm hoping the few remaining fragments might help someone out there help me.

I remember the book being war themed (post apocolyptic perhaps?). The book focused on children fighting in a war against aliens/machines. I believe the children had special powers.

The only accurate memory I have of the book is at the very end when the characters cross a body of water (ocean?) and fog to reach a tower where they discover the alien race has been playing with humanity, treating the war like a game. I recall everyone dying at the end, but the book ending on a hopeful note. Little more than that remains in decrepid pea brain.

This is practially nothing to go on, but if it jogs anyones memory, or you can even point me towards something that sound remotely close, it'd be greatly appreciated.
MonochromeKalidoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bearly Believable

Re: Hopeless really =/

Sorry, but I don't recognise the story. Others might, and it may just help them if they knew how long ago your youth was.
Ursa major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

The book would have been written before 2006 (When I graduated) but it's hard to say much more than that. I know its not much to go on, I'm still searching for it but maybe someone might stumble across this and have their memory jogged.

The book focused on this team of kids, I remember that they were always going out and doing missions. I'm grasping at old memories here, but like I said I think they had special powers.

I do remember that there was a young male character who was very well muscled and strong, but the book made a reference to the fact that he was unable to... perform. He had a subtle relationship going on with a female character, but that's where my memory runs out.

For future references, I plan on writting down the name, author, and my opinion of every book I read for the rest of my life
MonochromeKalidoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 02:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ninja agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonochromeKalidoscop View Post

For future references, I plan on writting down the name, author, and my opinion of every book I read for the rest of my life
That would be much simpler if you used GoodReads.com.

Sorry I can't help you with the other problem.
TheDustyZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

This books seems vaguely familiar ... My brain said Garth Nix, so I googled. This is probably *Shade's Children*
beenorthern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
water spirit

John C. Wright's Chronicles of Chaos series maybe?

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/john-c-wright/
Riselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 04:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Northern Exposure

Don't know about special powers, but how about John Christopher's Tripod series?
northernexposure is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: