|16th December 2011, 02:53 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Help remembering book name/series
I read this book some 5 or 6 years back always planning to get to part 2 but you know how it is, life happens and then 5 years later you can't remember the title even. So here is what I've got, sorry if it's a bit vague and hazy.
- The book I read was the first of 2? Or perhaps 3 books in the series.
- The book begins with a few pages describing the mythos/creation of the earthlike place the story takes place on. It was created by 6? 7? Godlike beings who I believe each had power over differrent elements. They were both male and female, and also not completely immortal. After? the earth is made a disagreement breaks out among the god siblings, one of them gets blacklisted and attacked by some of the others and recieves a wound which bleeds some poisonous ichor-like substance. I can't remember but it may be harming the planet/people someway? Maybe not though.
- the other godlings are spreading bad propaganda about him, and he's viewed as a kind of dark lord, but from inside his camp things look very different. His people are the outcasts others cast away from them and he took them in.
- There is a very strange character in the book, a hated pariah like figure (I hope I'm not getting another book mixed in here) he's badly scarred in some way, and I think he can talk to birds somehow? He's sent on an errand for the dark lord, stops to rest/sleep? on a hillock in a swamp, but it turns out to be a submerged dragon, that can talk? Or maybe just talk to him because of his powers? Anyways the dragon figures to eat him like he has all the other men he has come across, but is somehow convinced not to and lets this strange man go.
- lastly, this dark lord, who isn't really dark at all, has a very honourable general for his army. Iremember him as being very capable. When I misplaced the book (never actually finished it) The forces of good, who didn't really seem so good at all were approaching the good guy dark lords fortress, and the battle was soon to begin.
- one other thing. I believe there was some special sword that they wanted to get to kill the dark lord, that I think was in the dark lords possession, and may have been protected somehow by his godlike ichor/blood product that has been bleeding out of said dark lord for millenia, or at least since the world was made however long that is.
Sorry this is so long. I really badly want to revisit this book and wanted to give as much info as possible to help identify it.
Thanks for your time
|30th April 2012, 05:56 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Help remembering book name/series
This may be a stab in the dark, and not all the pieces match up, but It sounds like the works of David Eddings, The Malloreon or the Belgariad series. Hope this helps.
|Rate This Thread|