Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Film > General Film Discussion

General Film Discussion For discussing the silver screen and the DVD.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 10:23 PM   #271 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Re: What was the WORST movie you've ever seen?

Someone was telling me about this The Human Centipede film which I don't ever want to see. It just sounds sick.

My son made me watch Wanted the other day. It was bad, very bad! Imagine if you can, a mash-up of the Matrix with the Fast and Furious. He told me to keep watching for the final twist. I jokingly guessed it would be an Empire Strikes Back moment but I wasn't wrong. It was so predictably bad. Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman always play exactly the same parts, but I thought James McAvoy was actually very good in The Last King of Scotland so my view of him has been reduced considerably.

But the worst film must be Morons from Outer Space. It is atrocious. What was Mike Hodges thinking? And it is easily the worst mistake Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones ever made.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 10:35 PM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

My son made me watch Wanted the other day. It was bad, very bad! Imagine if you can, a mash-up of the Matrix with the Fast and Furious. He told me to keep watching for the final twist. I jokingly guessed it would be an Empire Strikes Back moment but I wasn't wrong. It was so predictably bad. Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman always play exactly the same parts, but I thought James McAvoy was actually very good in The Last King of Scotland so my view of him has been reduced considerably.
I'm just gonna go say that when a film uses a gimmick such as curving bullets by flicking the hand really hard (or whatever), you can expect things to get really **** in the end.
Which is a tad too bad, since the comic book wasn't bad. It was actually quite entertaining, once you got over the absurd level of gore and violence.
CyBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 04:03 AM   #273 (permalink)
Dogs win, every time.

Skyline. Absolutely no story.
Lilmizflashythang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 04:48 AM   #274 (permalink)
Smell your own dam finger

Lilmizflashything: I couldn't agree more, but I'd say pointless more than actually bad, and somehow that's worse...

Jammill
Jammill Khursheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 06:40 AM   #275 (permalink)
Banishment this world!

The general consensus is that Skyline is terrible, but to be honest, I liked it. I'm sure there are much, much worse movies out there.
Warren_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 07:17 AM   #276 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Someone was telling me about this The Human Centipede film which I don't ever want to see. It just sounds sick.
Save your sanity and avoid that film at all costs. I found it too disturbing to finish watching (I fast forward through it). I enjoy a good horror film, but this one, Eee-yuck! Trust me, don't see it!

I can't believe a sequel was made as well...argh...
Starbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 10:05 AM   #277 (permalink)
Lord High Vizier of Nowt

I don't think you guys are plumbing the depths. I just had a quick read through this thread and most of the films suggested are at least in focus and had scripts. If you want to really see some bad films I would suggest you go see:

Zombie Women of Satan (2009)
'Highlights' include a nude female wheelchair-bound zombie squirting acid from her nipples and a prolonged sequence in which we watch a dwarf crapping in the woods. A very long sequence. We get to see the steaming pile at the end too. Zombie Women of Satan fails at everything. It's not funny, it's not scary, it's not sexy, it's not even dreadful. It's nothing. It's the sort of cinematic farting that comes from people watching a couple of Simon Pegg's films, thinking, "I can do that!" and then proving they can't.

Kannibal (2001) What I learned from watching this film: Shooting out on location guerilla style; out on a London street say, (guerilla style because you have no permissions to be filming on the streets); shooting brief insert panning shots of a character walking round a corner; it's a neat idea to do it from inside a parked car. Passers-by and the police are less likely to spot you, and point at the camera, or try to arrest you. Pretty standard cheapo film making technique. But I'd make sure there's enough money in the budget to run the car through a car wash first. Panning shot with fingerprints and glassy smears over them look like ****.

Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here (1988) which was for a long time my most pointless film ever made till Zombie Women of Satan turned up. Zombie Women of Satan makes Zombie Strippers look good.

E.T.N.: The Extraterrestrial Nastie aka Night Fright (1967) my IMDB review

The Treasure of the Living Dead (1981) a Jesus Franco masterpiece in which Nazi zombies guard a hidden treasure somewhere in the North American desert.

go watch some of those. Event Horizon, Skyline, Morons from outer Space and even Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda start to look watch-able.
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 12:33 PM   #278 (permalink)
Here kitty kitty kitty!

Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th dimension. It was supposed to be some kind of cult film, but it was soooooo bad. I tried on several occassions to watch it and each time I failed miserably.
gully_foyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 03:27 PM   #279 (permalink)
Lord High Vizier of Nowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gully_foyle View Post
Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th dimension. It was supposed to be some kind of cult film, but it was soooooo bad. I tried on several occassions to watch it and each time I failed miserably.
But.. but... but...
Old 8th March 2012, 07:23 PM   #280 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
The Treasure of the Living Dead (1981) a Jesus Franco masterpiece in which Nazi zombies guard a hidden treasure somewhere in the North American desert.
Ever see Oasis of the Zombies (1981)? Jesus Franco along with second director A.M. Frank borrowed footage from The Treasure of the Living Dead. In this story a bunch of treasure seekers face-off to find Rommel's fortune hidden in North Africa, but find death from WW2 Nazi zombies. The film's quick pace made it a watchable movie. I liked it.

Oh, and most people either like or dislike Buckaroo Banzai. Great weird/cool movie.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:09 AM   #281 (permalink)
Lord High Vizier of Nowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbeast View Post
Ever see Oasis of the Zombies (1981)? Jesus Franco along with second director A.M. Frank borrowed footage from The Treasure of the Living Dead. In this story a bunch of treasure seekers face-off to find Rommel's fortune hidden in North Africa, but find death from WW2 Nazi zombies. The film's quick pace made it a watchable movie. I liked it.
As I understand it, Oasis of the Zombies and The Treasure of the Living Dead is the same film with different titles:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474531/releaseinfo#akas
(There might have been slight editorial differences for different releases.)

Jess Franco and AM Frank are the same person. Franco used several Pseudonyms in his career; A M Frank was just one of them.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
is just great.
Old 15th March 2012, 06:45 AM   #282 (permalink)
Thar! That Blows.

The most astonishingly awful thing cropped up on one of the satellite movie channels tonight.
Blubberella. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1756427/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1756427/
It tried so hard to capture the delightful ugliness of an early John Waters piece, and failed dismally. This Lindsay Hollister person struggled admirably to emulate Divine, yet failed to capture the Divinity. The least of her problems was that she was not a he.

The writing was clumsy and trite; struggling so hard to be deliciously outrageous, yet missing the mark. Mostly.

Killing people by smothering them in collossal bazoombas, and repetitive jokes about premature ejaculation can be funny; but in this case they grew tedious.

There were just enough jokes that worked, to keep my attention. Mostly. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Mostly. Oddly, my wife was the one who refused to change the channel.

The highlight, other than a lot of Nazis meeting hideous deaths, being Ron "Opie" Howard's weird-ass brother, Clint. Clint Howard is mostly known for bizarre, random cameos. In this flick Clint carries a near-leading role, with style and hilarious grace. It's a pity he gets wasted in the end. (That was a spoiler; but who cares, in this turkey?)

Fans of Pink Flamingos, Female Troubles, and Desperate Living will be alternately titillated and embarrassed by the abortive attempts to pastiche the inimitable John Waters.

Postmortem websearch sez that it intended to be spoofing BloodRayne. I don't know from Bloodrayne. Perhaps Bloodrayne fans, who don't carry the baggage of the memory for early John Waters films might appreciate this more for what it is.
Alex, The G and T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:16 AM   #283 (permalink)
Beam Me Up Scotty

Pretty much anything from Joe D'Amato fits into this category. Though D'Amato's films have that certain schlock factor that add another dimension of unintentional comedy.

The worst films I would have to say are Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust. Any movie that has animal killing for pure entertainment value is lower than anything imaginable. I have also just read recently that the director of Cannibal Holocaust (Deodato) actually had a sadistic hands on role in the brutal stabbing of a native monkey that was in the film. Sick, disgusting and completely incomprehensible crap that should have never even been considered, let alone made.
Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 02:16 AM   #284 (permalink)
Devilish in a fun way!

New Years Eve . . . Unbelievably bad, truly awful, most things with Sarah Jessica Parker are though, I always feel a cavity coming on following watching anything she does!
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 03:46 AM   #285 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

I finally watched the entire movie...and it was tough to sit through. It was just awful and unfunny. The movie had potential and great comedians in it, but the creators of the film wasted everything on lame jokes. David Chappelle is a very funny comedian, he always cracks me up, but in this film he was completely subdued, he would have been my choice to play Robin Hood.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: