Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:14 PM   #91 (permalink)
The Reaver

Re: HBO Season 2 News, Rumors, etc.

Wow! Great find Pilpel even better than the last trailer, some amazing shots there :-) eeek
Iron captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:50 PM   #92 (permalink)
Paranoid Mandroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstfist View Post
Those all look just about perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesanna View Post
And Brienne looks ... ugly. Well done guys!
Not ugly enough for my (dis)liking! The books paint a pretty grim picture! Thats TV for ya! Not allowed to be too ugly eh
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 11:27 PM   #93 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

There's a really good interview with GRRM here:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Geor.../ID=2209994735

He's quite entertaining and he talks about his thoughts on war & that he was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam war. There's no real news about the books or TV show, but it's a nice interview and worth watching I thought.

And since this is the TV Season 2 news, I suppose I better post something on topic!

There's been a few new trailers and character features released, but just in case anyone hasn't seen them, there's a few put together on the one page here:

http://boiledleather.com/post/192393...on-two-preview

God, I hate Joffrey! (And love the guy who plays him!)
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 03:53 PM   #94 (permalink)

Thans Mesanna! I hadn't seen most of those yet. Brienne looks incredible in the Renly character short. I've seen some photos of Ms. Christie dressed up as Brienne, but seeing her walking behind Renly was something to behold.
firstfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 12:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

Agree about Brienne! I can't wait to see how they portray her feelings for Renly in the show.

On the subject of Renly and his loves, I think Margaery Tyrell is shaping up to be a lot more worldly and aware than book Margaery. I was never quite certain if Margaery knew about about Loras and Renly in the books.
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 10:18 AM   #96 (permalink)
Master of none

That new trailer is the best one yet. For the ones who know what happens it's exciting to see and hear. For those who don't know whats coming, it's intriguing. Season 2 is gonna ROCK!
southron sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 07:44 PM   #97 (permalink)

So on fb they had a poll about which new charecters Ppl were mat excited to see for season too and it looks like they renamed Asha as Yara greyjoy.... why would they rename her? I get why they may leave some Ppl out or other changes but why change her name?
Keebs411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 07:59 PM   #98 (permalink)
Bearly Believable

In case people mistake Asha for Osha, apparently.
Ursa major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 08:47 PM   #99 (permalink)
Paranoid Mandroid

What the heck are they gonna do when they have to deal with all those Ghiscari names and the like!
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 10:21 PM   #100 (permalink)

Good call. The similarities in names between the characters In meereen will deff be fun to see when the show gets to that point. I wonder if the season premier and finale will be extended longer then the regular episodes. I know moat shows and series do extended the 1st and last episodes but sometimes they dont... and after such a long wait I want to watch more then 1 HR for the premier!
Old 2nd April 2012, 01:23 PM   #101 (permalink)
Arya's Whisper

Ok since I am finding nothing on the TV board and all the best opinions are on this board anyway season 2 premiered last night (in US anyway)

What did everybody think?

I will not go into details yet, will let someone else start, but I say awesome!

One word DIREWOLVES !
Needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:30 PM   #102 (permalink)

Loved it!!! I was curious on how they would show the dire wolves as they got older and larger. Well done! Craster was not how i pictured him, but hey im over it Also i was glad they didnt hold back on certain things from the book that are considered taboo for tv and movie. Ill just say surprise visit to the whore house by those who dont care what little finger thinks or feels. Dont wanna spoil for anyone else , but i was shocked and impressed they didnt cater to the general rules of tv and movies) My brother in law was in disbelief and i just told him hey it happens in the book, nothing is sugar coated there is no tip toeing around anything. So excited for next wk and the entire season
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:10 PM   #103 (permalink)

Good episode.
Characters, new and old are reintroduced/introduced. The cast all feels right to me with only minor issues (Ie Craster doesn't "look" right, but felt like Craster). Scenes that were added in felt like they belonged, and are in cohesion with the story for the most part. Cut scenes? Way too early to tell if something I wanted to see won't just be shown soon.
My biggest problem I think is with Osha. She is a decent fit to travel with Bran I guess, but it just doesn't feel right, and I don't know if I will ever feel that it does, without the little frog eaters
firstfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:29 PM   #104 (permalink)

I loved how they made everything connect. I know all the characters and what they're about to do, but it could easily get really confusing for people who haven't read the books. By relating each "POV" to the other, and adding a few scenes, they really glued all these different stories together.
I imagined Melisandre different, especially the way she says "...dark and full of terrors".
I'm really looking forward to the Arya bits, and specifically Jaqen!
Pilpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:32 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebs411 View Post
Loved it!!! I was curious on how they would show the dire wolves as they got older and larger. Well done! Craster was not how i pictured him, but hey im over it Also i was glad they didnt hold back on certain things from the book that are considered taboo for tv and movie. Ill just say surprise visit to the whore house by those who dont care what little finger thinks or feels. Dont wanna spoil for anyone else , but i was shocked and impressed they didnt cater to the general rules of tv and movies) My brother in law was in disbelief and i just told him hey it happens in the book, nothing is sugar coated there is no tip toeing around anything. So excited for next wk and the entire season
It was even more full on than it was in the book, if I remember rightly we fnd out about it, we don't actually 'see' it, that's one thing the TV show can do and in this case did to good and shocking effect!
That story was my favourite part of this episode, some of the others felt a bit like they were just saying 'hey remember these guys?' with not a huge amount of progression (though I still enjoyed them ). King's Landing had more of a narrative, and the boy who plays Joffrey just gets better and better, maybe the best piece of casting on the show and there's a lot of competition.

I'm glad the wolves are going to be more involved this series, they had problems with the dogs last series apparently, it's kinda funny that the dragon (will we ever see the other two??) looks more 'real' than the wolves, that's CGI for you I guess and they didn't look too bad.
Rufio is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: