Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Take a chill pill and just relax in the general lounge area.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 12:20 AM   #6181 (permalink)
Scottish Roman

Re: The Tea Room (Renovated)

For a brief moment, everything goes black. When the lights go back on, Hoopy is prevented from falling by the hairy leg around her waist, the Ace is doing an unintentional headstand and there's no sign of...

"Karn, you OK ?"
Old 10th November 2011, 12:36 AM   #6182 (permalink)
The Crazy One

*Karn poofs back into reality* Wow, that was stronger than I thought. I don't know where I went, Ace, but it was dark....and there were so many monkeys....
Old 10th November 2011, 12:39 AM   #6183 (permalink)
Scottish Roman

Typewriters or musical instruments ?
Old 10th November 2011, 12:50 AM   #6184 (permalink)
The Crazy One

Coconuts and banana peels.

And I think one of them was called Bob.
Old 10th November 2011, 01:08 AM   #6185 (permalink)
Scottish Roman

"Damn, I wish we'd mapped this place properly ! I know where the situations I described are, but I've never heard of that one."
Old 11th November 2011, 06:58 AM   #6186 (permalink)
Happily Ever Aftering

Hope arrives in the Tea Room and looks around for someone, not seeing her she orders a White Hibiscus and finds a seat.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:00 AM   #6187 (permalink)
The Crazy One

Oh, you made it back? If you want something to drink, ask Septimus, the robot in the corner. He'll provide any drink you want.

And don't bother Kirby, please. He's sleeping. *Karn points to the pink puffball on the sofa* He's not a pillow or a plushie, so no squeezing. Other than that, make yourself at home.

*Gets a soda from the fridge* Septimus is angry with me; I recently made some gasoline canisters explode and he wound up on the moon. The last time I asked him for a drink-and I had asked for lemonade-he gave me yak urine. *Shudder*
Old 11th November 2011, 07:10 AM   #6188 (permalink)
Happily Ever Aftering

*Gwen and Hope giggle* well Tea is one of the few things I can make. Thank you for bringing my pesky pixy back. *Gwen flutters into what looks like a worn out black bag crumpled at Hope's feet*
Want anything before I go?
Old 11th November 2011, 07:14 AM   #6189 (permalink)
The Crazy One

I rather like berry teas, and Chamomile. Actually, on a cold Willamette Valley night like this, I think I'll go for a nice, warm cup of chamomile. Always has soothed me, heh.

*Looks over at Gwen* And you behave yourself, little one. Nixie is of a similar race and a powerful druid, she'll make sure no mischief goes on in here from one of her own. And beyond that, there's a second fairy druid around here, still more fledgling in her skills and not of the Pixie species, but one nonetheless. And please give me back my wallet. I saw you pick it up after I had fallen from the ladder down there, but you never did hand it back....
Old 11th November 2011, 07:18 AM   #6190 (permalink)
Happily Ever Aftering

Oh dear, I'm afraid she cant hear you in the bag of holding, other dimension and all that, but I'll get your wallet back. *Fixes a Chamomile tea* honey? agave? raw sugar?
Old 11th November 2011, 07:22 AM   #6191 (permalink)
The Crazy One

I'll take the raw sugar, no milk, no cream. I don't care for honey-had a bad experience with honey-flavored cough drops as a kid when I was sick.

And careful with those bags of holding. I have six myself, over by the recliner-not for all the stuff I have actually gathered, but for categorization. And my black has my most dangerous items-things I never get to use anymore.

Like my Book of Dreams spellbook. *sigh*
Old 11th November 2011, 07:29 AM   #6192 (permalink)
Happily Ever Aftering

*sets a steaming cup in front of Karn* its all I have left from my D&D days *sad far off smile* but i was never much good. Hard to be important to the group when your an off race bard who just stands in the back and sings during all the fighting and the tank doesn't wait for any talking before he charges in to kill things. *sigh* I'm kind of glad its all over with now. But dont worry about mixing the bags, I had my initials embroidered on mine, and mostly just use it as a home for the characters I created that dont seem to want to leave me just yet.
watch out for the cat-folk-bard that lives in there with Gwen, Her name is Sasha and she is more then a hand full.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:32 AM   #6193 (permalink)
The Crazy One

Hehehe. I feel the same way with Magic: The Gathering. Started playing that in 7th grade and continued through high school, but once I got my GED I lost touch with friends and there's just nobody to play with anymore. Seven years I've been out of the MTG loop.

Never did do D&D pen-and-paper, but, I feel the nostalgia.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:39 AM   #6194 (permalink)
Happily Ever Aftering

I watched my friends play MTG in middle school, but that was my watching phase, I watched the chess club, and I watched my brother and his friends play SNES and 64 didnt manage to pick up a game on my own till I was 23-24ish. Rather a late bloomer as far as gaming goes, because I watched from NES times. Got really good at back-seat gaming lol
Old 11th November 2011, 07:48 AM   #6195 (permalink)
The Crazy One

Funny, because I seem to be the watcher now at the age of 25 and used to be the gamer when I was young. Grew up with the SNES and got into computer gaming with the Windows 98 operating system. Don't care much for the Xbox, far preferring the classic single-play of the SNES and Windows 7 does bugger all for games.

No, these days I satisfy myself with Let's Plays on Youtube and reminiscent of my MTG days. I still have most of my old cards, but, they're not more than dust-collectors now, my depression hits in when I ever so much as palm through them for trips down memory lane.

Childhood innocence lost? I don't know. I'm a man of the mind, and it seems that intellect and depression tie hand-in-hand, whether it's due to becoming the pariah from society, or simply because the good memories and the knowledge that the times they're in are gone just won't stop whispering into your ear, I really don't know.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: