Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here and be officially welcomed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 10:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Certainly.

It's a nice point, perhaps, but isn't there a nice distinction between fastidious and scrupulous?

Anyway, see, we're both nice, Chris. But not like biscuits. (Though I do like nice biscuits...)

Surely 'nice' means 'fine'? Which may also refer to biscuits and such people as we all are...
Lacivetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Truth. Order. Moderation.

Ooh. No pinching of threads, Lacivetta! Go start your own Introduction so we can welcome you properly -- and nicely, of course!
The Judge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
resident pedantissimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Ooh. No pinching of threads, Lacivetta! Go start your own Introduction so we can welcome you properly -- and nicely, of course!
Claire (correct?) has done an complete listing of interests and so forth in "All about us."
All about us. , but that escapes the – persuasion – for the seventy-five word extravaganza.

Ciao, bienvenuto oh lasciverous one (what, did I get the spelling wrong? Or the translation?). I've noticed your interest in limericks; I don't get involved in the playrooms thread, 'cause I like my limericks to scan precisely; see:–advanced limmerickitis

But you could follow my instructions to the 'bot, and investigate… actually I think the nice biscuits are so called after a town in the south of France not quite Italy, but not far), and the word 'nice' (as its antonym, naughty) has been so overused in juvenile situations as to me almost washed clean of meaning by now (I will accept the 'precise', and Agnes Nutter). Actually, no-one would get upset if you did as her Honour suggested, and got generally welcomed; the trouble with everyone piling onto one thread is that it's difficult to answer; like a reception where you're swept on to the next introduction before you've had time to size up, let alone converse with the previous one…

Mind you, not meeting any of us too closely might have been exactly what you were aiming for.
chrispenycate is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: