Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > Playrooms

Playrooms Word games, puzzles, quizzes, etc, for general chat and fun and games, and overall chillzone.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Film Title Synopsis Game

The Evil Hunchback Werewolf and the Pretty Pony Princess

Animated tale of Quasi-Loup-Garou, bell-ringer of the cathedral/fortress of Notre Dame, and of Breezie Pretty Pony, Gypsy princess. Sentenced to death for soiling the sidewalk, Breezie awaits the gallows. She is rescued at the last minute by a swooping and love-smitten Loup-Garou, who saves her at ropes length and swings her into sactuary in the venerated cathedral. All is well, until the rising of the full moon, when Loup-Garou transforms into a horrible werewolf with a taste for horsemeat. He devours Breezie in one sitting, and pick his teeth with her bones to the cheers of the townsfolk. One and a half stars.

Dog Day Afternoon: The Musical
ColdBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 09:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Luna tick

Dog Day Afternoon: The Musical

(1987) Filled with wonderfully forgettable songs such as 'She maybe a He but He's my Woman' and 'Sugar Shock' this musical adaptation of the classic bank heist film with a twist will have you cheering for Sonny and skipping gaily down the aisles. Truly five star entertainment. Sing along with me!
'I wanna chopper,
whaddaya mean I can't have a chopper,
listen to me you stinking old copper,
get me chopper now!
Ok, I'll take a car,
I don't why
but you're making me drive,
I'll take a car but then I will fly away!
It's just another dog day!

One pencil too many
Moonbat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Press "X" to Admire Hat.

Location: [I am a spambot, selecting the default option - ban me!]

Glad to see that this has kicked off. I must have started with a hard one!

One Pencil Too Many

A directing debut for William H. Smith, One Pencil Too Many is the first from a new genre of film - Tragic Romance. It opens with Bill Munroe, a stationery salesman from Bury who has everything - a loving wife, a drinking buddy, a loyal dog and the best house on the council estate. He comes home one night to find his dog curled up around the feet of his drinking buddy. Unfortunately, things turn from bad to worse as his wife leaves him and the council repossess his house. The film follows Bill on his downward spiral into depression and drug addiction and ends with Bill holding up a bank with a handful of pencils inside a plastic bag as the SWAT team arrives.

The Gingerbread Revolution
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Northern Monkey

I seem to have kick started a revolution

The Gingerbread Revolution

Set in turn of century London around a sinister bakers shop, what exactly is baked into these revolutionary products? Another failed baker with a god complex, so it seems, but who can overcome this invasion of sugar?

Only our diabetic hero Jake Sugar can circumvent the machinations of the dastardly Gingerbread Overlord Doc Sinamon, how? Well watch and find out

To infinity and beyond
Tansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Holy Knight

To Infinity and Beyond

Tim Allen, Charisma Carpenter and Paul Reubens team up to take on the galaxy in a musical extravaganza. Alan, a star-ship captain named Joe Skytriper meets the Galactic Emperor Beluga Slymieor (played surprisingly deadpan by Reubens). Things look to be going badly for earth when (supported by the June Taylor Dancers) Buzzett Lightyear ( Played exuberantly by Carpenter) arrives to save the day.

Horror of the Care Bears
thepaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 01:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Keep Moving Forward!

Horror of the Care Bears (1989) Ill-conceived concept piece trying to cash in on two of the most bankable commodities of the eighties: Care Bears and slasher films. Jake Smith (Corey Feldman) is a lonely thirteen year old who has just moved to a new city with his parents. Finding himself unable to make friends at his new school, Jake becomes more and more shy and retiring. Up in Care-A-Lot, Tenderheart Bear sees how sad Jake is, and decides to do something about it. He'd been looking for a project for the latest addition to the Care Bear family, so he promptly sends Stabs-A-Lot Bear down to cheer Jake up. Stabs-A-Lot Bear promptly starts killing everyone who had ever been mean to Jake, including his parents. A cult classic.

Binary is a Harsh Mistress
Culhwch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 01:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Holy Knight

Binary is a Harsh Mistress
This classic science fiction movie made not long after WWII (1947) seems to have been a reaction to the invention ENIAC and the development of computers. Peter Lorre as the mild mannered scientist whose mind is taken over when he receives a shock from the giant computer he has invented is unaccountably sympathetic as he commits crime after crime in service to his new electronic master. With special effects that aren't bad for their day the movie moves along at a fair pace helped immensely by Boris Karloff as the heroic zombie who saves the wold by throwing itself/himself into the power lines shutting down the despotic machine.

Nominated for an academy award for special effects and lighting this is a bright spot in the horror genre almost making it out of the "B" movie category. It is also notable that Bela Lugosi was offered the part of the zombie but turned it down due to conflicting obligations.

When you rent this one watch closely and don't miss Sydney Greentreet's cameo as the computer.

Silent Blade Runner
Old 27th May 2010, 03:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

Silent Blade Runner (a.k.a Mechanical People)

Filmed in 1922 and recorded without sound, this remarkable movie about the human race creating robot people to be workers or companions because most humans have left the planet to live on other worlds. However, when the lastet model of robot called Nexus 6 was developed and looked like real people, it's "emotion" program data was too much for the robots too handle and many became criminal. Many critics agree that this was the film that inspired the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick, which was later made into the film Blade Runner (1982).

Terminator 5: The End of Time

Last edited by Starbeast; 27th May 2010 at 04:29 AM.
Starbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 05:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Ants are my friends..

Terminator 5: The End of Time

Sarah Connor escapes to the end of time, the only place presumed to be safe from Skynet and the Terminators.
All of the Terminators from one to five are waiting there for her, and only the intervention of the cast of Time Tunnel, a 1960s TV show, saves her at the last instant. The rest of the movie is a mishmosh of bad sixties hippie jokes and cheap dinosaur effects created using an skink with cardboard fins taped on it. Vintage family fun.
Director Max Roach, raised from the dead for this special production, had nothing to say.

3001 : A Spazz Odyssey
J Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 06:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

3001: A SPAZZ ODYESSY (1989)

Arthur C. Clarke's third installment puts seriousness aside and opens the flood gates of wacky comedy. The year is 3001 and the aliens come back to check on us to see how far we've advanced, but were stunned to discover humankind has de-evolved into nerdy geeks. Another celestial black monolith is placed on Earth in the middle of Greenland with the hopes that humans will straighten up and stop acting childish. But when a group silly explorers spill soda pop on it, the monolith losses it's power, turns orange in color and falls over crushing them. The spazzoid governments see this as an act of war and deception by the humble aliens and launch an attack against the space people with hilarious results.

Starring Tom Hanks, John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, Chris Farley and Sean Connery. Clint Eastwood has a cameo appearence as one of the aliens.

John Carpenter's The THING 2
Old 27th May 2010, 07:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
The Ants are my friends..

Heh heh HAh.

The Thing 2
An Alien spacecraft is discovered under East LA.
Before scientists can reach it, looters strip the ship bare, and the Govt. teams must visit every pawn shop within fifty miles in order to reconstruct the ship.
Meanwhile, the THING has absorbed half the population of Los Angeles before it realises it has bitten off more than it can chew.
Hilarious antics ensue, as the Thing-possessed civilians try to survive in LA and are beaten when they try to butt in line for food stamps.

The Lost Vampires in Space
J Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

Glad you liked that one J. Riff

The LOST VAMPIRES in SPACE (1977)

Two lost friendly female humanoid aliens land their space craft in Transylvania and wish to make contact with humans, unfortunately they go to Dracula's Castle and meet the Count. After Dracula treats them to a dinner and a movie, he attacks them, drinks their green blood and becomes unconscious because of the alien plasma. The two aliens bring him aboard their flying saucer, but unbeknownst to them a drooling love-sick werewolf was hiding inside the ship. Once in space, the werewolf attacks the female vampire aliens and becomes friends with them. Dracula awakens and the trio shoves the Count into an airlock and jettisons him out into space. (Rated R for strong graphic content) Starring John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt, Suzanne Somers and Don Knotts as Count Dracula

INDIANA JONES and the LOCH NESS HORROR
Old 27th May 2010, 07:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Press "X" to Admire Hat.

Location: [I am a spambot, selecting the default option - ban me!]
Re: Glad you liked that one J. Riff

Indiana Jones and the Loch Ness Horror

Eager to cash in on the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark as quickly as possible, George Lucas quickly penned The Loch Ness Horror and, somehow, managed to persuade Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg to make it. Released over the Christmas Holiday in 1981, the film followed Indy on a trip to Scotland to spend Christmas with a distant cousin. In Scotland, Indy is greeted by reports of people going missing near the Loch and, during his investigations, finds an ancient stone circle and, beneath it, a temple dedicated to the mythical Loch Ness Monster beast. On Christmas Eve, he is kidnapped and comes to on a boat in the middle of Loch Ness with his cousin - the Grandmaster of the Order of the Haggis. He is tossed unceremoniously into the waters as a sacrifice for the Loch Ness monster and passes out. When he comes to, Indy finds himself in a cabin by the side of the Loch, having been rescued by a local Butcher's boy. Together, they infiltrate the order and, with his trusty whip, put a stop to its nefarious activities. He makes away with a solid gold statue of "Nessie" as the underground temple is flooded.

The reception was awful, and the film went the way of Star Wars Holiday Special. To this day, both Lucas and Spielberg refuse to acknowledge its existence, though Ford once mentioned a "terrible ordeal" he would rather forget.

Nice Girls Don't Explode
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 07:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Holy Knight

Opps, sorry we posted together...

Indiana Jones and the Loch Ness Horror

Release date December 2025. In his 15th outing as the spunky archeologist Harrison Ford shines. He and his farther played by a 95 year old Sean Connery who was tempted out of retirement by the $100,000,000 paycheck and the promise of multiple love scenes with female lead Megan Fox (the wedding will be in June of next year...some doubt the match will last), end up in Scotland where they unwillingly solve the long standing mystery of the Loch Ness Monster.

After a plane crash on the way to a dig at the reputed sight of the ancient Scottish Kings the dig crew are for some reason stranded near the Loch. (The films explanation of waiting for replacement equipment begins to become suspect after they have waited several weeks). On a fishing trip onto the lake with "Indy" continually complaining that he's an archeologist not a cryptozoologist the entire crew stumble onto an invisible island populated by Indy's old enemies the Nazis.

This isn't a bad film and any short comings are made up for by the fine performances of the cast. Allan Rickman as the Nazi commander especially steals the show. The death scene where he falls to his death from the back of the creature as he's trying to drag Fox off with him is especially touching.

North by Northwest World
Old 27th May 2010, 08:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

I rather like it when two movie versions of the same title appear

NICE GIRLS DON'T EXPLODE (1992)

A romantic comedy about two scientists (Gina Davis and Jeff Goldblum) working on a new soda formula called "KA-POW", unfortunately mega doses of an experimental caffine additive causes Gina to increase her metabolism by a 1000 fold. Jeff tells her that she must keep herself active for a month in order to work the drug out her system, otherwise her heart would explode. Therefore Gina must continue talking, walking and carrying on her life, while Jeff tries to keep her company and highly active. Some of the funniest scenes show Gina walking quickly around town without the need of her car and gabbering nonsense to herself nonstop. (Highly recommended) Rated PG

NORTH by NORTHWEST WORLD

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: