Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured Films > Star Wars

Star Wars The Star Wars movies: original trilogy and new prelude trilogy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Enigma of Steel

Re: Star Wars in 3D

I have a copy of the theatrical version of Star Wars (1977). The same version I saw in the theater when it first came out. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing a 3D version. The three prequels are on my list of movies that realy didn't need to be made. (Along with the second and third Matrix films and a host of others that were best left to the imagination.) Return of the Jedi in 3d could easily have the same effect on people that watching the Bluray version of Bullit on a decent sized TV had on me. (The famous car chase made me quite nauseous. Not that I was willing to stop watching.) Lucas will no doubt drag out the prequels first before he gets to the real ones. Let's hope the don't flop so bad the process is scrubbed.
steve12553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 04:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
This world is not my home

I have no insight into the plan except to say that Lucas is a brilliant businessman, and I would be utterly shocked if he puts the 3 prequels out first.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

Don't forget that whilst our generation of Star Wars fans might not necessarily enjoy the PT, it does have it's own new generation of fans.

Personally, i don't care whether it's released in number order or Theatrical release order, i just want to see it in it's glory on the cinema screen.
Rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm not interested in seeing the movies in 3D. But I'll probably go to the cinema anyway. I'm more interested in part 7, 8 and 9 though. Rumors are that George Lucas is going to release part 7 in 2021. That he will indeed continue the franchise, despite his denial about it.
Darth Infinitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 09:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

So, we have a release date for this. The Phantom Menace is released in 3D on February 10, 2012.

I'll be interested to see how many changes are made to make the best use of this technology. (I'm also interested to see how well the prequel trilogies will do at the box office know that we know them.)
Old 10th March 2011, 03:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
I am the wild blue yonder

Wasn't there an imax version out at one time?
The Spurring Platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 12:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
The Immortal Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Infinitus View Post
I'm not interested in seeing the movies in 3D. But I'll probably go to the cinema anyway. I'm more interested in part 7, 8 and 9 though. Rumors are that George Lucas is going to release part 7 in 2021. That he will indeed continue the franchise, despite his denial about it.
Is this that rumor so he can use Hamil et al at their 'right age' for the later movies?

I find that rumour utterly ridiculous.
Cayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
the dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
I see that the Blu-Ray version of the Star Wars Saga has been announced. Deleted scenes included, which is pretty cool news. I would imagine that it would be remastered in order to make the most of the Blu-Ray's image quality. I wonder if there will be any further "tweaks"?

With advances in technology A 3D version of the saga can't be that far away now.
Given that Lucas is running the show, tweaks are almost inevitable. Maybe he'll let Han shoot first like he's supposed to...
soulsinging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 01:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
only differs in your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spurring Platty View Post
Wasn't there an imax version out at one time?
Kind of an old post I'm responding to here, but Attack of the Clones was put on regular Imax soon after it's original release. At the time they had to shave off a few minutes because of how much film the projectors could hold or some such. I have to admit, it was one of the coolest memories I have besides seeing the original trilogy in the theaters. The Coruscant speeder chase was AMAZING on a 5 story screen.

I am really looking forward to seeing these movies in 3D. I grew up with the originals but also really enjoyed the prequels. I am so looking forward to the pod racing scene as well as everything else. I'm sure it's going to be visually stunning.
Huttman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 12:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

Nice to see some positivity toward the PT.
Old 21st January 2012, 05:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thomas M. Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsinging View Post
Given that Lucas is running the show, tweaks are almost inevitable. Maybe he'll let Han shoot first like he's supposed to...
Wait, Han never shot at all! He is a squeaky clean good guy and would not resort to taking a life. He dodges the shot just in time, and it's the paid security in the bar who take down Greedo. Han never even reached for his gun of course, in fact he doesn't have a gun, only bad guys have guns.

History is rewritten by the winners of wars and conflicts - or movie directors.
TheTomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 07:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Sunset colored eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttman View Post
I enjoy all six films and it will be a real treat to see all those incredible scenes in 3D. Podrace, Coruscant chase, trench run, asteriod chase, speeder bike chase to name a few.
I like all those scenes, but those two are among my top five favorites, Huttman.
C Of K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 03:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
The Immortal Prince

Be interesting to see these in 3D. I read if the first doesn't do well he won't do the rest of them (probably not a good idea to start with TPM in that case).
Cayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

I'm game. Actually, i'm quite looking forward to this as i've not seen a 3D movie yet so this will be my first experience.
Old 23rd January 2012, 09:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Benevolent Galaxy Being

I haven't seen a 3D film in ages. Is it really worth seeing a movie on the big screen with those special glasses? Is the quality (now-a-days) really that good?

If it is, then I will see Star Wars.
Starbeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: