Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > Playrooms

Playrooms Word games, puzzles, quizzes, etc, for general chat and fun and games, and overall chillzone.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 12:40 AM   #961 (permalink)
...Prepare Thyself

Re: Last Post in This Thread Wins!

"I don't know Tien, honestly," he replied. "All I know is that it's somewhere in this city and has been for a long time. That's why the druids, monks and pixies have all gathered here. The last person known to have had it was a woman called Fritwhiller. After that nothing is known."

I looked over at Blondy, she seemed uninterested. She had made up beds for us and was yawning. We took the hint, grabbed a bottle each and went off to bed.

The morning was only a few hours away and some rest would do us all good.

Blondy climbed the stairs to her own room. She seem dead beat though she smiled as she went inside and locked the door. In the morning we would need to talk. She used her married name now, the name of my partner, Scrutt. Mrs. Phil Scrutt, nea Marlolyn Fritwhiller.
TheEndIsNigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 03:56 AM   #962 (permalink)
Holy Knight

Greenstreet had kept her syndicate together for years growing rich off the greed and lust of the citie's populace. The "so called" fair races no better than the rest. She knew to always appeal to the basest of instincts and wants. Her hench-people had kept their metaphorical foot on the proverbial throat of the entire city for some time now.

But now somebody was trying to put it back into play. And that PI had someting to do with it. Now it looked like maybe half her town was gone and who knew if it would stop there. Apparently those two "freelance" hitters had been somewhere at the center of that mess. Well, she'd just have to....discipline the "employee" who'd called those two in. But for now she'd have to send in one of her own...professional cleaners.

She picked up her phone and dialed. The phone rang somewhere, on the other end a relay clicked and the signal went to an operator who connected her to a magic system...warlock trapped to keep anyone from recording or trying a trace. Then a strangly acented breathy voice answered. In her mind Cyndi Greenstreet could see her, one of her six best killers. Lorre Peters...her bugged out eyes that seemingly innocent round face. She was a master of the crystal ball track and the invisible hit. She'd never failed yet.
thepaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 09:23 AM   #963 (permalink)
lost in Time

Talking Re: Last Post in This Thread Wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaladin View Post

Cue dramatic music!
dum dum duuuuum!
Asmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 04:16 PM   #964 (permalink)
Holy Knight

As the the major crime boss on the eastern seaboard was lining up her pieces and the PI was making his plans...another player appeared. Who was this? What were her plans? Did she work for someone else?

And why was she dressed in a bunny suit?
Old 5th December 2009, 04:50 PM   #965 (permalink)
Wered. Very wered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaladin View Post
And why was she dressed in a bunny suit?
I heard they keep her horns warm. (gotta love that avatar, Asmiley!)

So, when is Thread Bear coming back?? *whines*
Werewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 10:56 PM   #966 (permalink)
Holy Knight

The desperation in the woman's eyes was sad to see, as she wished for the return of the Bear who was still laying low, under the PI's watchful eye.

(notice the recuring "eve" motif)
Old 6th December 2009, 08:45 AM   #967 (permalink)
...Prepare Thyself

Over breakfast, before Thread had surfaced who never seemed to eat anyway, I asked her straight out.

"How old are you Blondy?"

She could see I wasn't going to be messed around so after an initial hesitation she replied.

Oh I don't know for sure, About 3000 give or take a few years.

My jaw dropped, just a bit, I hadn't expected that one. I knew she had a past and Thread's news about her indicated she knew a lot more about the blanket than anyone else did, but 3000.

"I like and trust you Tein," she said. 'So I ll tell you what I never even told Scruttie. My real name is Helen, Helen of Troy."

I looked her over, I considered how long I'd known her. OK, she seemed like the cool sophisticated girl I first met twenty years before but that could just be good make up and healthy diet but she didn't wear it and I'd seen her drink like a fish. Who was I fooling, she was Helen all right. It all made sense now.

"And Scruttie?"

"Oh he was just one of the men in my life, there have been a few. He was kind and generous and when he said he was going to prospect for gold I wanted to go with him.

"Wh..? How old was he, the gold rush was over two hundred years ago"

"Well that's the blanket Tein, It affects anyone who's near it for any time. Scruttie never asked and I never said anything. Towards the end I don't think he realised, despite being a detective, that he had lived so long. In some respects he was quite stupid."

"Or maybe he figured it out and just let it lie," I said.

"Mmmm, maybe you're right. Oh, I know what you're thinking even if I am who I say I am how did I get the blanket? Well it was a fleece of course when I first got it. I was a wedding present for Paris and I when we first got back to Troy. The was wasn't really about me you know, not really. Spartans didn't give a fig for their wives and there were always plenty of other women slobbering around Melelaus I doubt he even realized I'd gone. No I was just the excuse. The real reason was he was getting old and he knew the fleece was in Troy. He just needed proof. He knew if I was Paris abducted me that Priam would either have me put to death or married to Paris. And if so the fleece would be part of the ceremony. When his spies reported they had seen the fleece, only then did he start out for Troy. He virtually threw me at Paris."

I sat, dumbstruck.

"And so," Thread commented, "Now you know the one of the blankets secrets.

He had heard it all, though strangely, he didn't seem surprised.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:25 PM   #968 (permalink)
Holy Knight

She smiled to herself. Yes...the Fleece would be back in play now. All those years knowing what was going on and just what was going to happen and never being able to get anyone to listen. Still even she learned slowly, she learned....

(Maniacal laughter rang through the opulent rooms) It had taken her almost sixty years to find one, an alchemist who had made a philosopher's stone, but once she did she had no trouble knowing how to get it from him. No matter where he fled she was there waiting no matter where he hid it, she had forseen. Then of course when she had it, she didn't need him anymore.

Now, always alive and endless wealth, youth potions to return her beauty when it began to fade...but somehow, it wasn't enough. It was never enough. She allowed Greenstreet to think she was running the city, that was fine, she kept the underworld in control. Henchpeople were enough to do the "things" she wanted done for now, but she'd been waiting for years for the Fleece to show up again.

Cassandra had foreseen when it would show up, and where but there'd been something about who had it she couldn't see. Now she knew why. It was that tramp again. Thousands of years and it was the same trollop who'd lead her brother off into trouble and taken her spot. That was it they all had to die, all of them.

Unless you missed it.....Cassandra was just slightly insane. It may have been that whole hollow horse full of pyromaniacal Greek soldiers.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:05 AM   #969 (permalink)
...Prepare Thyself

"Thread, thank you," she said moving over to him and giving him a hug.

" Hey don't mind me," I called, " I'm just the dump lunk who's been played."

"I'm sorry Mr. Tein, truly I am for the subterfuge. I had to be sure that you would help, that's why I let the red haired girl capture me. Helen and I have known each other for many years. Helen made me you see, she stitched me together with golden thread and that's why I'm alive, really, I suppose. I was surprised at first when you didn't question why an eight hundred pound fluffy white cuddly toy could exist. However, after yesterday I can see it would take a lot to surprise you."

Something dawned on me "So all the time those big belugas were kicking you, it wasn't hurting at all. The thread kept you safe I suppose."

"I'm afraid so Tein, I could have gotten out of there at any time, We had to know you see. We had to know you would help regardless of the odds. I was a little surprised by the lengths you were prepared to go though. I shouldn't have been. Your exploits with the Leavener monks all those years ago should have made me realise you were a man that would see thing through."

Well this is all well and good," I said, " but all this isn't going to help us with out little problem. It seems that Helen/Blondie here has something people want and there's enough in this town who would go to any lengths to get it." I didn't mention that now, the only road out of town was back the way we'd come; back through the devastation and and out through Holy wood.
Old 7th December 2009, 05:25 AM   #970 (permalink)
Holy Knight

(Just then an alarm went off in Unseen University. The one set to warn of incursion in Holy Wood. The wizards immediately called Sir Terry Pratchett.)

Meanwhile on this (apparently congruent) world in or on it's own confusing plane (but never "plain") of existence Cassandra, driven insane (or in technical terms batty, bonkers, gaga, a few cans short of a six pack) by years of hearing the future and having no one believe her, is now hatching her own plots. By far the most dangerous villian in several realities due to her foreknowledge of events, it seems that the only reason she hasn't already obtained the Fleece is that for some reason "Helen" dosen't show up (at least not reliably) in her "audio visions".

(Most people can't have audio visions but this does not hold for psycho sociopaths) Of course Cassandra is actually a sad case. The strain of knowing the future and having no one believe you would break anyone I suppose. Though, our sympthy should be somewhat tempered by the fact that she has (in her maddness) realized she herself can take advantge of her gift/curse. Also the fact that she has managed to find a way to lengthen her life for more than 3000 years and has killed, well several people a year might make us leery of turning our backs on her.
Old 7th December 2009, 02:00 PM   #971 (permalink)
...Prepare Thyself

It was time to stop the pussyfooting. The blanket couldn't be too far away even or it's effects would lose it's potency on Helen/Blondy's good luck. I was just about to ask the obvious when a feeling of being watched came over me. Someone was using psychic powers to eavesdrop on our conversation. It was difficult to explain.

"Well whatever happens don't tell me were the blanket is, who knows who is listening in"

Helen took the hint, my shift eye movements probably helped.

"Oh that'll be Casandra," said casually remarked, "She's always trying to get the fleece come blanket back. She's been trying since I was given it. Her argument goes something along the lines of,

'It's mine, mine I tell ya' mine give it back it's mine, mine, give it you pox faced little bitch. You wheedled you way in to get it and it doesn't belong to you so give it here or else'

What she doesn't realise that it's only the hate and jealousy that has kept her alive all these years. If I ever did give it to her she would die. I try to tell her but she doesn't listen. One day maybe I will, just get her of my back"

Great, monks, druids, pixies and now psychic ranting sister in laws. How much worse could it get. Stupid question I thought almost immediately.
Old 7th December 2009, 03:27 PM   #972 (permalink)
Wampa Worrier

*coughs*
Constantine Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 03:33 PM   #973 (permalink)
Iago with a Blackberry

*Smacks CO on the back*

That help any?

HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 03:35 PM   #974 (permalink)
Wampa Worrier

A little bit. It was the most I could come up with while the boss had his back turned...
Constantine Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 03:37 PM   #975 (permalink)
Iago with a Blackberry

You managed two sentences there! He must be truly distracted now.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: