Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > Mark Robson

Mark Robson Discuss the writings of Mark Robson and books from Sword Publishing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th June 2006, 04:53 AM   #76 (permalink)

Re: Signing Events.

Congratulations, Mark! Even I know this response in this venue is impressive!
j. d. worthington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 06:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwndrgn
A charm spell in your pocket have you?

You never cease to amaze me Mark. A staid old institution like Harrod's and you manage to fob off every copy? Have your publishers tried to hire you for PR yet?

Congratulations

I'm anxiously awaiting this 'polished' novel of which you speak so highly, it's to be published this year right? Very interested to see how it all comes out. And now I've had a sad thought, we've still got more waiting to do for number three too!
Sh! Don't go giving away my secrets, Dwndrgn - all the other authors will want one too!

It's due for release on 6th November this year. The third one, Imperial Traitor, is well underway. I should finish drafting it in September, which puts me well ahead of schedule. I'll then be re-writing Dragon Pact from scratch with a totally different start and a very different storyline to the one I first envisaged.

Edit: Oh, yes, and I'm signing in Brent Cross WH Smith tomorrow if anyone's in that part of the city.
Mark Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 08:46 AM   #78 (permalink)
Brian G. Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robson
Great fun, Patrick. It was rather strange to hear my presence being announced throughout the store on the tannoy system, I grant you, but it's a big place ... seriously big! I sold out of books in record time, but I don't think they'd reckoned on my being able to sell many judging by the level of stock they'd got in. It seems the book manager was impressed, however, as I've been invited back.
Excellent work.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 03:37 PM   #79 (permalink)
Dreamer

Great news on the Harrods signing, wish I could have been there.

Looking forward to your journey north of the border into Scotland, can't wait to see you again
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 06:40 PM   #80 (permalink)
the dude with the hair

any chance of you heading to liverpool at all?
burnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 10:33 PM   #81 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Liverpool is quite likely later in the year. I'm expecting to go there as part of the launch tour for Imperial Assassin, but the programme has not been confirmed yet.
Old 24th July 2006, 12:24 AM   #82 (permalink)
Would-be author

Mark,
How have the rest of the signings gone recently? Earlier messages suggested you had a few planned for June and July - all done? Any more in the wings...?
Cheers,
Patrick.
Patrick Mahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 09:48 AM   #83 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Patrick, I've done several events recently, including the double signing with Amanda Hemingway. All have gone very well. Brent Cross is always good. My event up in Middlesbrough was surprisingly successful, given that I doubt anyone had ever heard of me before up there. Milton Keynes last weekend was excellent as well.

Coming up:

WH Smith, Northampton on 9th 10th and 12th of August.
WH Smith, Brent Cross on 1st and 2nd September.

I'm currently putting together a 6 day joint tour with Amanda in late November. Venues confirmed are: Bromsgrove, High Wycombe, Oxford and Burton on Trent (where we will be joined by Freda Warrington for a triple signing event). Currently awaiting confirmation from Coventry and Banbury.

My official tour will be much wider reaching this time - starting in N. London and finishing somewhere in Scotland. Details will follow when I have them.
Old 25th July 2006, 06:55 PM   #84 (permalink)
Brian G. Turner

Quote:
My official tour will be much wider reaching this time - starting in N. London and finishing somewhere in Scotland. Details will follow when I have them.
Sounds great - let me know if/when you get any Scotland dates penned in - I don't have many media contacts up here, but the Scottish press always seems to love any story based in Scotland - best selling YA author doing a book signing up here may raise a few eyebrows - once I know the area you're visiting, I could always make a few phone calls to see if there's any interest to cover it.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 12:32 AM   #85 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Brian
Sounds great - let me know if/when you get any Scotland dates penned in ... I could always make a few phone calls to see if there's any interest to cover it.
Brian, I'll be sure to do that. Any media coverage would be a bonus. I'll post a list of dates as soon as we have confirmations.

Both Banbury and Coventry have been quick to confirm, so the joint tour at the end of November is now set in slow drying concrete. I'll re-post this closer to the time, but for interest's sake, Amanda and I will be found:

20 November - Banbury Ottakars
21 November - Coventry Ottakars
22 November - Bromsgrove Ottakars
23 November - Burton on Trent Ottakars
24 November - High Wycombe Ottakars
25 November - Oxford Waterstones

Of course many of the stores listed as Ottakars will most likely have the Waterstones signs over the doors by then, but those in the local areas should know which shops I mean.
Old 26th July 2006, 10:53 PM   #86 (permalink)
Would-be author

Quote:
Both Banbury and Coventry have been quick to confirm, so the joint tour at the end of November is now set in slow drying concrete. I'll re-post this closer to the time, but for interest's sake, Amanda and I will be found:

20 November - Banbury Ottakars
I'll see you there - it's in the diary! Can I bring some of my work's Book Club along? I think several of them would be quite excited to meet a real author (and buy his book, obviously)!
Patrick Mahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 10:44 AM   #87 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Mahon
I'll see you there - it's in the diary! Can I bring some of my work's Book Club along? I think several of them would be quite excited to meet a real author (and buy his book, obviously)!
Patrick, you can bring as many people as you like! Bus loads if you wish. It will be great to see you again. Your book club people will also, of course, get the chance to meet Amanda Hemingway as well, so they can pick the brains of two authors at the same time.

I look forward to seeing you there.
Old 8th September 2006, 11:36 AM   #88 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

For the very latest updates on events, you can now see:

http://www.markrobsonauthor.com/news/

I'll be updating this regularly.
Old 11th September 2006, 08:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Major update of events now on my website: http://www.markrobsonauthor.com/news/
Old 11th September 2006, 09:02 PM   #90 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Hi Mark

Confused again - Just read on your site that 15th Oct will be an oportuinty to get hold of first copies of Imperial Spy but I've just ordered this from Amazon and they say it's in stock.
jackokent is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: