Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > Mark Robson

Mark Robson Discuss the writings of Mark Robson and books from Sword Publishing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:48 AM   #196 (permalink)
Young Trainee Author

Re: Ask the Author

Ok, that's interesting, thanks.
M@.Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 01:15 AM   #197 (permalink)

Hello there!

Not so much a question as a general ramble.

I've just finished the imperial trilogy after having it strongly recommended by a friend. A brilliant read, that kept me up reading far later then I'm sure I should have been awake.

I've recently started reading the Dark weaver legacy series (although I understand I should have read the two series the opposite way around!)

Are you planning or writing some more about Femke and Reynik & co.? I enjoyed the books with them in very much. Something like Femke training Reynik to become an imperial spy and then having Reynik + Femke working together to....overcome issues.

I've certainly enjoyed what I've read of your books so far, and will continue to follow you with great interest. Thanks for the great reads!

Mikey Legg

Last edited by MikeyLegg; 6th August 2010 at 01:27 AM.
MikeyLegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 10:40 AM   #198 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Hi Mikey. Sorry for the long delay in replying. I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

My publishers seem quite keen for me to return to Femke and Reynick in the future. After Dragon Orb they wanted me to write another Imperial book - Imperial Dilemma, but I pitched a new idea at them, which they liked more.

I've no doubt I'll get back to Shandar at some point, but for now I'm writing a Bermuda Triangle thriller series - The Devil's Triangle. The first book is on the second round of edits now and looking good. I'll start writing the second book in the series next week.
Mark Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 10:49 PM   #199 (permalink)

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I've been away as well, hope you enjoyed your holiday as much as I enjoyed mine!

I've just finished Trail of the huntress and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next in the series from my local library.

I wish I had read the Darkweaver series before the imperial one as I"m now reading the Darkweaver and wondering how the plot shall unfurl in such a way that a series of events that I have read about in the Imperial series, can come about.

I am very much looking forward to your new series and will read the dragon orb series after the Darkweaver, thus eating my way quickly through all you've written.

I'm quickly becoming a huge fan. Keep up the great work!

Mikey Legg
Old 18th August 2010, 12:09 PM   #200 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Thanks, Mikey. Glad to hear that you're enjoying my work. I think you'll enjoy Dragon Orb even though it's not related in any way to the other two series. The idea was to target a slightly younger audience, but I wrote subtexts into the stories that are very much for an adult audience to enjoy.

Even though Dragon Orb is a classic fantasy quest style adventure story that is in many ways derivative of stories that have been done before by far better writers, I feel it's the best work I've got in print at the moment. There are layers to it that I never managed to achieve with the Imperial and Darkweaver books. I do like to feel that I'm still improving, so I hope that folk will find The Devil's Triangle even better still.

I'm going to have to get my head back into the research soon, as the second book in the new series will have a lot more history in it than the first (which is now finished).
Old 18th August 2010, 09:01 PM   #201 (permalink)

Well I'm quite young myself so I'm sure I'll find them great

Mikey
Old 19th August 2010, 07:35 PM   #202 (permalink)
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.

Good to hear that Mark's writing is still gaining momentum
Joel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 11:34 PM   #203 (permalink)

Wow, just finished reading the Darkweaver legacy series. It's brilliant, kept me up very late into the night. Definitely the best read I've ever had. Please go back to Calyvn sometime as he is by far the best character I've ever read about

Just moving onto the Dragon Orb series - about to read first chapter now.

Thanks for the great reads, keep it up

MikeyLegg
Old 30th September 2010, 12:44 PM   #204 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Thanks Mikey.
Old 4th October 2010, 05:03 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robson View Post
Thanks Mikey.
No probs

I finished all four Dragon orb series in 2 and a bit weeks....ooops. Can't wait for devils triangle - shame it's so long away!!!!! Keep it up and have a good time writing!

MikeyLegg
Old 8th December 2010, 10:49 PM   #206 (permalink)

Mark!

I need something to read! Ahhhghrrh!

Hehe, I guess it's my fault really. I finished all of your books in about a month and now am bored. Can't wait for Devils Triangle!

Keep up the good writing (Fast writing!)

MIkeyLegg!
Old 9th December 2010, 10:11 PM   #207 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Hi Mikey,

Not long to wait now. I'm going to be running a competition in January to win early copies - I will have them by then. Watch this space!
Old 10th December 2010, 05:57 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robson View Post
Hi Mikey,

Not long to wait now. I'm going to be running a competition in January to win early copies - I will have them by then. Watch this space!
I certainly will mark...
Old 4th October 2011, 07:48 PM   #209 (permalink)

Hey there,
I have just finished reading the Dragon Orb series for the second time; I have gotten into the habit of reading books twice, the reason being that when you read them the first time you are so desperate to know what happens next that you often miss the subtleties and brilliance of the writing and indeed the story. I absolutely adored the storyline, and in my humble opinion, it is your best set yet. Easy to read, incredibly easy to identify with the characters and quietly brilliant.
I must confess though, that I am 22, studying Politics and Law, which probably puts me a bit out of the intended age and interest group you were seeking to capture, but in all honesty it proved to be a breath of fresh air, soft and easy without coming across as immature. I was utterly captivated from the very beginning, and it was the most divine distraction from the incredible seriousness of my degree.
Before this starts sounding to much like a besotted fan letter, I do actually have a question. Simply phrased, what next? You cannot possibly leave us hanging with the rest of the story untold, having left tantalising titbits at the end of the book are you actually intending to write another series or perhaps just another sequel?
I do hope to hear from you soon.
With all due respect and admiration,
Liz
hippychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 09:12 PM   #210 (permalink)
Dragon Writer

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your lovely message. Glad you enjoyed reading Dragon Orb so much. My intention was to go straight on and write a sequel series immediately, but the publishers side-tracked me into writing a Bermuda Triangle thriller series. I left those loose ends deliberately so that I could return to Elian and his friends in due course ... and I do plan to eventually. I very much enjoyed writing Dragon Orb and I think it shows. The Devil's Triangle is proving more of a challenge to write, but I'm enjoying it in different ways.

Currently just going through the copy edit of Eye of the Storm. When I see the pages littered with corrections I sometimes wonder whether writing all these books has taught me anything about the English language! Ah well. Back to the grindstone...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: