Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 16th May 2008, 04:53 AM   #76 (permalink)
The Ethereal Apparition
 
Ghost of Harrenhal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 337
Re: Who said that?

Yeah I was going to say the Oberyn Martell too
Ghost of Harrenhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 09:03 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MrWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 48
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren20062001 View Post
This was the red viper
That was indeed the red viper
Your turn
MrWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 04:19 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 69
Re: Who said that?

"That is the only time a man can be brave"
lauren20062001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 05:16 PM   #79 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!
 
Young stormlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 605
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren20062001 View Post
"That is the only time a man can be brave"
Bran thought about it. “Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?”
“That is the only time a man can be brave,” his father told him. “Do you understand why I did it?”

Eddard to Bran in first Bran chapter in AGOT(and I think to Arya, too. Not sure though ).
My turn.


"Ever seen an ice storm, my lord?”
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 07:30 PM   #80 (permalink)
The Ethereal Apparition
 
Ghost of Harrenhal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 337
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young stormlord View Post
Bran thought about it. “Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?”
“That is the only time a man can be brave,” his father told him. “Do you understand why I did it?”

Eddard to Bran in first Bran chapter in AGOT(and I think to Arya, too. Not sure though ).
My turn.


"Ever seen an ice storm, my lord?”
Nope just to Bran at the beheading of the black brother. Forgot his name now. I have a feeling yours is from AGOT too but I could be wrong. Is it Yoren to Tyrion?
Ghost of Harrenhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 10:37 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MrWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 48
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young stormlord View Post


"Ever seen an ice storm, my lord?”
Very nice....from the prologue, no less. Gared to Sir Waymar Royce.
MrWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 08:11 AM   #82 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!
 
Young stormlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 605
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWright View Post
Very nice....from the prologue, no less. Gared to Sir Waymar Royce.
Correct . Your turn.
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 12:42 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MrWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 48
Red face Re: Who said that?

"Had it been me I would have flayed you for your stupidity rather than praising this folly of the fords."

Too obvious...but I love the quote
MrWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 05:23 PM   #84 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!
 
Young stormlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 605
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who said that?

“I mean,” said the Blackfish, “that you owe His Grace your thanks for his forbearance. He played out that mummer’s farce in the Great Hall so as not to shame you before your own people. Had it been me I would have flayed you for your stupidity rather than praising this folly of the fords.”
Blackfish to Edmure.

It's my turn, but Dolorous Edd guessed once and didn't have his. I give my turn to him.
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 06:26 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MrWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 48
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young stormlord View Post
“I mean,” said the Blackfish, “that you owe His Grace your thanks for his forbearance. He played out that mummer’s farce in the Great Hall so as not to shame you before your own people. Had it been me I would have flayed you for your stupidity rather than praising this folly of the fords.”
Blackfish to Edmure.

It's my turn, but Dolorous Edd guessed once and didn't have his. I give my turn to him.
Well played, good sir
MrWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 05:53 PM   #86 (permalink)
Foxy Lady
 
Lady of Winterfell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,163
Re: Who said that?

Maybe you should go ahead and list one Young Stormlord, seeing how Dolorous Edd hasn't posted here since the beginning of May.
Lady of Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 06:30 AM   #87 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!
 
Young stormlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 605
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who said that?

OK, here it is.

"We all should be in motley tonight, for this is fool's business we're about"
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 10:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
The Ethereal Apparition
 
Ghost of Harrenhal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 337
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young stormlord View Post
OK, here it is.

"We all should be in motley tonight, for this is fool's business we're about"
I somehow feel this has some connection to House Frey But I can't quite put my finger on it... I'll take a guess. Is it Catelyn to Robb or something like that in AGOT when they try to cross at the Twins?

Just realising I could be COMPLETELY off by book, characters and setting but what the hell
Ghost of Harrenhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 01:13 PM   #89 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!
 
Young stormlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 605
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Harrenhal View Post
I somehow feel this has some connection to House Frey But I can't quite put my finger on it... I'll take a guess. Is it Catelyn to Robb or something like that in AGOT when they try to cross at the Twins?

Just realising I could be COMPLETELY off by book, characters and setting but what the hell
Your guess is not correct. Sorry, no Catelyn, Robb or Frey(s).
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 04:52 PM   #90 (permalink)
Foxy Lady
 
Lady of Winterfell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,163
Re: Who said that?

I'm going to guess Tyrion to maybe Cersei??
Lady of Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asoiaf, game

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.