Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > Jim Butcher

Jim Butcher The Dresden Files books and TV show, Furies Novels, and other writings.

View Poll Results: Which match do you prefer?
Harry-Susan 0 0%
Harry-Murphy 3 50.00%
Can't Decide 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 07:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Druid Trainer

Re: Lonely Dresden(spoilers)?

Mab I don't think would go very well as she is way too settled and would definitely not be any thing close to Harry's equal in thought or deed. Lara could be influenced by her brother while she tries to influence him and Harry has done some pretty unpleasant things himself, so it could work. But it would be interesting when Susan heard about it...

I am not partial to Elaine, but I could certainly go with Molly. I thought she was younger than that, though. But if she's 20, it could work. Still like Murphy best, though.

Lash was supposedly only a fragment so it would have to be the fragment that came back, that might work although I think it might cause his friends to wonder about mental issues...

I am glad Luccio didn't last, although it ended much faster than I expected.
Saeltari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 08:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Immortalis Canis Lupus

Yeah, I never expected Harry and Luccio to last, but it was quicker than I thought it would be. And maybe Lash is hiding in a different part of his brain. Someone asked if Lash was going to come back but Jim Butcher said he couldn't answer that. It sounded like it might be a maybe, but don't know. And of course, I still prefer Murphy best as well. Though they'd have to have a relationship that didn't end, unlike all his others. Otherwise it would screw things up between them and that would suck more then them not getting together at all.
Shingetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 08:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Druid Trainer

I agree, if and when they get together it needs to be the mate for life type of thing.
Saeltari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 10:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

I dislike Susan. Not herself but what she has become. I have only read only to book 5 but she almost ruined the book for me. The hole vampire gf thing makes the world of Harry Dresden look silly,way too much paranormal romance like....

The bondage sex scene in Death Masks was really too much. The worst thing i have read in the series. If i wanted that i could go read Anita Blake or some other demon,vampire hot sex stuff.....

Murphy is one of the strongest characters in the series for me. She grounds Harry into the human world,in the real world. She is a great friend. I would hate losing her,Harry's nice chemistry as friends just because Harry needs a new woman.

I havent read book 6-9 so dont spoil it for me but i hope for whoever he gets together in those boooks better be more long term than Susan.

I dont want to read Harry being James Bond like throwing hot women around...
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 02:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
Let God sort 'em out

I am very sure, apart from his hormones, that Harry does not even want to think about Lara as anything other than as temporary a bed partner as possible. I, OTOH, do not believe for a heartbeat that Harry would go for it on his own.

It does seem that the relationship with Elaine is rather over. Too much baggage between them.

Molly is a definite maybe. However, it is likely that the Luccio Morgan relationship is more likely to be the case between those two. We will see, of course.

I am very happy to see Susan out of the loop. I do not know just how long a pre-vamp state will live. They may still have a somewhat normal lifespan as a human. That too leaves her out, IMO. Besides, I am not that fond of her.

I will miss Luccio. I like her. However, it became clear in Turn Coat, that Harry was not all that much in love with her. Lara's little pheromone tricks would not have had their impact had he been. Harry welcomed having someone who could be his peer as a lover. However, it was not his true love as that between Thomas and Justine.

Harry is alone again. I do not think that Murphy is even in the running. They love each other as friends, but that is all. Murphy is way too clear headed to attempt to be a love of a man who will outlive her by several hundred years. That too is a gesture of love on her part.
The44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: