Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Doctor Who

Doctor Who Splendid chaps!... All of them!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th July 2007, 12:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Left-minded

Re: The Next Revamped Doctor Who Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
In fact, you could have the 11th Doctor being dark and godlike and then eventually BECOMING the ValeYard at the end of his tenure. The 12th Doctor could actually BE the Valeyard, could be the new big bad guy. The story arc of a whole season could be about his companions having to stop him and trigger the next regeneration to bring the Doctor back for his final life, which he would spend trying to repair the damage he did to the universe as the Valeyard before it's too late.

As long as you had decent, interesting companions to root for during the "evil doctor" phase, I reckon that would ROCK!
Yes, liking that. Chances of it happening...slim to none.
Tillane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 12:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I think the next Dr Who villian should be a camp welshman who toys with the dreams of those around him by writing dodgy scripts. A bit like that psychic paper that the Dr has - only more evil.

He would live in Cardiff and inflict misery on those who watch the show he currently writes for. It would have to be some sort of SF-ish show. So that he can easily hide his secret psychic attack (which he uses to feed on the enjoyment he sucks from the fans) as a set of risible scripts.

But honestly, who is going to believe that?
And just who do you have in mind to play him, Gav?
pyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Reetou Diplomatic Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyan View Post
And just who do you have in mind to play him, Gav?
Rob Brydon? Rhys Ifans?
PTeppic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Andy G

According to an article on Wikipedia, the ICE WARRIORS are currently the favourite to turn up in series 4:

Ice Warrior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Although this may just be based on the fact that they've appeared in more multiple Who stories than any other enemy apart from the Daleks, Cybermen, Master).

Personally, I can still vividly remember the ZYGONS from my youth, despite the fact that they only appeared in one story "Terror of the Zygons". Maybe it was because of their appearance (kudos to the old BBC for such an original alien design) and the fact that their technology was very organic and alive rather than the techno-fetishistic stuff I'd been used to seeing. Maybe because the story featured the Loch Ness monster (actually a creature native to the Zygon homeworld). Whatever it was, would like to see what the new BBC production department would do with them.
mistera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

How about Ioan Gruffudd? You'd never prise the ladies away from the screen with him and DT in the series!
Old 7th July 2007, 07:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interference View Post
Yeah, how exactly does one shag a Dalek?
This is a family site but (since worse has been seen in Torchwood) simply google "Jo Grant Dalek".

I still want the Sontarans - always my favourite. Woefully underused, and the "probic vent" at the back of the neck business was much too much of an "achilles heel".

After all the rain we've had this last few weeks, I was thinking my garden is being taken over by Krynoids.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 07:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

I did wonder if the melting of the Polar ice-caps was a fiendish plot by a race of underwater devilish critters!
Old 7th July 2007, 08:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
closing down

Location: [I am a spambot, selecting the default option - ban me!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interference View Post
Yeah, how exactly does one shag a Dalek?

Eggs!! Germinate!!!

........................I'll get me coat
Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 08:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

Harpo, you just outdid yourself.
You should have a gold star for breaking the wince barrier!
Old 8th July 2007, 08:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
I'm so dizzy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyan View Post
How about Ioan Gruffudd? You'd never prise the ladies away from the screen with him and DT in the series!
Pyan, I will worship at your tentacled feet (?) for eternity for even mentioning it! *Ioan, grrrrr...*
HappyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 11:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

For me it wouldhave to be the Sea Devils. They were the only monsters to actually scare me when I was younger. They would however, need a revamp, as I doubt the Dr Who team could get away with simply wearing a rubber mask these days.

Also, has DT signed for the whole next series (I hope he has), but when he does leave, who should replace him? Maybe the first ever woman??

As for Katherine Tate!!! can only make the programme worse, although there is no hope of Dr Who fancying her so maybe he can get back to fighting the baddies. I just cannot stand her and I hated her character in Runaway Bride.
lukic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Orthodox Herbertarian

Not the Zarbi!

The monster that really creeped me out was the Wirrn (the giant insects that ate the colonists of the Ark in an early Tom Baker story). I was reading Ian Marter's novelization of that and it was so graphic, I nearly lost my supper (I was reading it in my college cafeteria between classes).

Actually, I would love to see Romana come back. I just don't accept that she could have been killed in the Time War -- she isn't even in the same dimension! If she turned up (presumably in a new incarnation, as Lalla Ward would probably not be interested in reprising the role) with the Tharils and K9, plus some new Menacing Bad Thing that needs to be stopped, it would be a terrific story!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 03:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Scottish Roman

Why not the Ogrons ? Moronic bikers from Outer Space. That could be fun, especially with, say, a super-intelligent ogron trying to replace the now-extinct daleks as masters of the cosmos.

Mr Davis, my fee is 500 plus 20% of the gross, thank you.
The Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Likes Comics and Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
The monster that really creeped me out was the Wirrn (the giant insects that ate the colonists of the Ark in an early Tom Baker story). I was reading Ian Marter's novelization of that and it was so graphic, I nearly lost my supper (I was reading it in my college cafeteria between classes).

!
That was my favourite classic episode, i would love to see revamped Wirrn and not some schmo in a rubber suit.

Though i think it would be a popularity contest, however i would love to see Coolhand's thoery happen at some point.
Alienweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Living in Paradise

I have always been a bit of a fan of the Master, but we just need a good one,I dont think I could see the Doctor ever being really really evil Coolhand, although its a good story line but ...
tangaloomababe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: