Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Take a chill pill and just relax in the general lounge area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 07:18 PM   #151 (permalink)
Mod of Awesome

Re: Shout Your Frustrations to the World! (You know you want to.(READ FIRST POST))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardScienceFan View Post
I BLAME EVERYTHING ON ME BEING A TAURUS

My son's are Taurus's. You are all bossy butts!
dustinzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 07:25 PM   #152 (permalink)

Re: Shout Your Frustrations to the World! (You know you want to.(READ FIRST POST))

Really Dusty? I thought they were kinda lazy, sorry, I mean...relaxed.
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 12:47 AM   #153 (permalink)
I'm so dizzy...

AAAAAAAAAARGH!
had enough of everything and everyone.
don't want to be responsible anymore.
just this once, I'd like to be selfish and irresponsible, and I STILL want a reading day invented just for me and my book buddies.

And can the perverts in charge of fashion PLEASE reintroduce jeans that COVER PEOPLE'S BEHINDS (and fronts, too) coz I'm sick and tired of seeing down stranger's cracks on the bus. Modesty can be incredibly sexy, there's no reason to flaunt EVERYTHING the good Lord gave you, is there?

and, while I am aware of my blessings, and more than grateful for them, I'm just feelin' rather grouchy. again. sorry.

oh, and I want to learn trombone, too.
(I'm a Capricorn - what's that mean for my bad moods?)
HappyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:24 AM   #154 (permalink)
Tennis-ball Robin

I think we are naturally moody, HappyHippo!

Wait a minute, on Wiki it says, "Individuals born under this sign are thought to have an ambitious, modest, patient, responsible, stable, trustworthy, powerful, intellectual, perspicacious and persistent character but one which is also prone to coldness, conservatism, rigidity, materialism, and dullness. In terms of anatomy, Capricorn is said to rule the knees, bones, and skin. Physically, individuals born under the sign of Capricorn supposedly tend to have dark hair, steady eyes, a dark complexion, capable hands, prominent cheekbones and attractive body."

Hang on -- it DOESN'T list bad moods! Where the heck do they get their info, other than completely unknowledgeable persons who are probably not of the Capricorn variety! AND THAT DESCRIPTION IS NOT ME AT ALL!!!

My rant: I'm too warm! I hate heat! Why does the weather always act weird? One year it's too hot, the next too cold, the next places are flooding... SHEESH! I want a normal weather system, like there was when I was a kid! I could rely on that!

*Climbs down off soapbox*

Leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:28 AM   #155 (permalink)
Iago with a Blackberry

Libra for me...

Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a pleasant, clever, articulate, charming, charismatic, beautiful, outgoing, fair, artistic, social, refined, diplomatic, even-tempered and self-sufficient character, but on the negative side, are also thought to be persuasive, indecisive, extravagant, lazy, frivolous, impatient, envious, aloof, and quarrelsome.

Ha! The negative ones are most definitely me! I am rather persuasive, definitely indecisive, certainly lazy and definitely envious!
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:29 AM   #156 (permalink)
Mod of Awesome

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My head hurts.
dustinzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:38 AM   #157 (permalink)
Tennis-ball Robin

See, this is why Wiki gets me annoyed! Can't they check their OWN facts? How can a Libra be even-tempered and quarrelsome? Perhaps they're calm until they suddenly feel bursting and energised, then abruptly they explode into a rage of cantankerous energy...

According to them, Hoopy, "Physically, individuals born under the sign of Libra supposedly tend to have a graceful figure; a roundish head; a fair complexion; large and soulful eyes; small and refined features; a high forehead; a thin nose; a 'trademark' dimple; dark wavy hair; and thick eyebrows. They are thought to usually be of above average height and beauty."

There you go! That should cheer you up!
Leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:42 AM   #158 (permalink)
Iago with a Blackberry

Ha! Above average height...suuuure. And graceful? Whatever!

Dark wavy hair is right, though! I suppose I do have a kind of roundish head and my friends used to say I have "cow eyes"...is that the same as big and sorrowful?
Old 6th June 2007, 03:41 AM   #159 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopyFrood View Post

my friends used to say I have "cow eyes"...is that the same as big and sorrowful?
Could be worse .......!

Attached Thumbnails
Shout Your Frustrations to the World! (You know you want to.(READ FIRST POST))-mother-cow-and-calf.jpg  
pyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 10:05 AM   #160 (permalink)
Iago with a Blackberry

Ha, true...yes, I'm thankful it's just the eyes
Old 6th June 2007, 06:15 PM   #161 (permalink)
Press "X" to Admire Hat.

Location: [I am a spambot, selecting the default option - ban me!]

Capricorns for the win!

I say we should rise up and take over the world!!

---

Quote:
oh, and I want to learn trombone, too.
It's surprisingly easy, actually. As with any instrument you need to learn how to read music, if you can't already. And then it's just a case of working out the notes.

I've tried playing a slide-trumpet (like a normal Trumpet, but with a slide like a Trombone - the slide is exactly like a Trombones), and it was rather easy - the slide seems to click very softly into place at each note. With a bit of practice you can get the speed up and then you're larfink!

---

My frustration... the muscles in my left hand are aching! Damn exams - I had six hours of exams today!! Not funny.
Lenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 06:41 PM   #162 (permalink)
'what to eat' fan

SIX HOURS ,LEN?????
HAVE YOU TALKED TO HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH YET

shucks,uhhmm.....
I AM VERY FRUSTATED ON BEHALF OF LENNY
so there quite a lot of us who hate heat?
Ben
member of the Arctic society

HardScienceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 07:37 PM   #163 (permalink)
BOOM! Oooooh! Explosion!

Aquarius time:

Physically and mentally, individuals born under the sign of Aquarius supposedly tend to have fairly nice, finely chiseled features and a slender figure. The males are often said to tend to be handsome but somewhat soft in features. In appearance and the females somewhat broad-shouldered and strong looking but fair also. Each astrological sign is assigned a part of the body, viewed as the seat of its power. Aquarius rules the circulatory system as well as the ankles. The symbol for Aquarius is the water bearer. In terms of anatomy, Aquarius is said to rule the legs from knees to ankles and the circulation of blood.

Hmmmmm....Sounds about right. Handsome eh?

Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a modest, creative, challenging, inquisitive, entertaining, progressive, stimulating, nocturnal, and independent character, but one which is also prone to rebelliousness, coldness, erraticism, indecisiveness, and impracticality.

Hmm....Rebellious? Yes. Erratic? Yes. Impractical? I couldn't think of a better way to put it.
Yugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 07:49 PM   #164 (permalink)
resident pedantissimo

It's ever so noisy, here, innit? I s'pose it's just me not being as frustrated as some of the others.
leaves, with a slight case if tinnitus (probably invoves a dog named "Milou", or "Snowy" in English) though not as bad as mixing monitors for heavy metal.
chrispenycate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 09:03 PM   #165 (permalink)

Whispering is not allowed here, Chris.

I want some continental air but I can't go anywhere this summer!!!

Why some people never learn how to smile, say 'thank you' or 'sorry'???

Why some people don't have the decency to admit it's their fault???

I'm not that loud you see.
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: