Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Science fiction and fantasy > Gaming

Gaming Discussion area for virtual and non-virtual games and gaming - computer games for home PCs, internet MMORPG, and paper and pencil Role Playing Games (RPG).

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.

Re: Finishing Games

I thought NWN:HotU was a great game! so much power levelling and awesome items. Plus the magic levels you achieve are just unbelieveable. 2 henchmen plus a wide variety of puzzles and combat situations. If you download the PRC pack you get hundreds of new spells, classes, and races too
Joel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Spy with looks and guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel007 View Post
I thought NWN:HotU was a great game! so much power levelling and awesome items. Plus the magic levels you achieve are just unbelieveable. 2 henchmen plus a wide variety of puzzles and combat situations. If you download the PRC pack you get hundreds of new spells, classes, and races too
Hehe, I did start HotU - and I'm sure it's got a great story going... but... my server is really great... ... I've already brought several chars to level 40, am finally getting the hang of roleplaying and - most importantly - I get a bunch of pretty intelligent henchmen, or rather other real players. I never thought myself one for multiplayer gaming, but somehow... I can't go back to singleplayer with NWN... it's kinda lonely now... Sure, no PRC, only standard NWN classes and prestige classes... but somehow it's enough.

~Sira.
Sirathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 02:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Always Ego Tripping

I try to finish all my games, but I got a bit behind thanks to the evil known as "college". I actually recently finished all quests in Oblivion for the 360...and it took me over a year to do so. I tend to be a bit obsessive with my RPGs, playing to the point that I complete 100% of it before I believe that I can move on to something else. Final Fantasy XII was a hard one for this, since it took me so long to find all the Espers.

I think I have about 180 games in my collection, and out of them, I haven't finished 30. I've recently picked up Saint's Row again and am looking forward to finishing that, and I'll probably go back and finish God of War II. It can sometimes take a bit of time for me, but sooner or later, I get there.
faerietalegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Last of the Windsong Clan

I like to finish games that I start, but more often then not I have to read a walkthrough at some point to get to the end. Thank god the internet has them!
Rahl Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Living in Paradise

A mixture of both, I have finished a few like Myst and a number of the Monkey Island games, have been trying to complete Might and Magic for years, I was probably about half way through it once and my computer crashed, by the time I got back to it, I had lost interest. I reloaded it years later and got even further than the first time but it got really hard so I have negelected it for about six months now, maybe I will get back to it one day.
I like thinking games and old games, they are more fun and had a bit more depth than the new stuff. Thats just personal opinion.
tangaloomababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Finally got round to finishing Oblivion.

Had the game for over a year before I started it, but 75 hours later it's all done and dusted.

I enjoyed it but towards the end it was becoming a bit of a chore.
Lucien21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 05:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
i hate working

im still working on ffXII its ridiculous why to the abysteel kill me soo fast
fantasy noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 05:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lady of Autumn

As I've said, I'm a bit of a completist when it comes to RPGs, and I can add another one to the list. I've finally been able to complete Star Ocean: Til the End of Time 100% (including the ridiculously difficult to beat Freya, hidden boss to beat all hidden bosses that I've taken on).
Talysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 05:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Press "X" to Admire Hat.

Location: [I am a spambot, selecting the default option - ban me!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Finally got round to finishing Oblivion.

Had the game for over a year before I started it, but 75 hours later it's all done and dusted.

I enjoyed it but towards the end it was becoming a bit of a chore.
75 hours?!

I'm at double that, and I've just saved Kvatch in the story mission!

Either you play fast, or you've missed out a lot of the side-missions and quests.

---

As for finishing games... it usually takes me a long time. Those I have finished are few and far between - Spyro 1, 2 and 3, Kingdom Hearts 1, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

I hope to finish a lot more this current gaming 'generation'.
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 05:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
i hate working

hahaha spyro the momories, the gta games are a wate of time but bully was a good game a little to easy tho

LOTR the third age is giving me some trouble i think im just gonna give up
fantasy noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 07:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Metaphorically Drunk

I've finished Oblivion, main quest anyway and most of the guilds, and finished LOTR the Third Age. Spoiler: its got a poor ending

Don't usually finish games unless i really like them.
Fake Vencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 08:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
professional ninja

I almost always finish a game at least once, sometimes mutliple times (I've beaten Gears of War 11 times). Action games are my favorite (Devil May Cry 3 forever!) and so they're the ones that get beaten more than once usually. But turn based role-playing games are my bane. Even if I LOVE the game (ala Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne) I will never beat it. Real time RPG's I can beat, but them turn based ones always get left behind.
Ginkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 10:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Dark Lord

I'm totally shocking at finishing games. I have finished Warzone 2100 (which I was seriously proud at doing) Civ II got a bit fed up with Civ IV got stuck with Dungeon Seige I and II. Working on a and RPG on the PS II called Disgea Dunno how far I'm through it but almost finished the story mode but no where near finishing the unlockable content (facing one monster which hasnt got a level more like a phone number!) PC games again about through the first act of Neverwinter but havnt gone back to get on with it, fancy NeverII, but have to finish I first going on to Dawn of War Dark Crusade. Hard level is a nightmare!

Finished all of the Command and Conquer apart frm the new one and Generals which I'm working on.

Ows that
Ice fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
Causa Scientiae

If I really don't like a game, I'll give up on it very early.

Otherwise, I have to finish everything, and get all the extras, bonuses, special items, etc...

That's where the challenge lies, for me. So many games are far to easy to complete.......
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 08:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.

I finished all of the missions in Generals, and Generals: Zero Hour. I've finished nearly all of the general's challenges too. Working on the Stealth general's missions now, then it's all done and on to Tiberium Wars
Joel007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: