Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 03:34 AM   #256 (permalink)

Re: Not so important connections

Maybe it's not such a scary thought as her dying in the snow and her body found. None of the otherwise seemed to fit as simply. As they wounded. Maybe it means in her hiding she's basically going to reap what she sews, meaning she's become the assassin she trained to be( as said body count rising) but finding a needle locked in frozen hands/fingers not meaning death but possibly In her finally losing herlsef and becoming cold as a person but not dead like corpse? Personally for me this would make sense if she was meant to be Jons nissa I could see it breaking his heart to see she has become that and having him sacrifice her to kill/free her from being that person. But I love arraya and would hate for her story line to ever end badly. Either way I hope the prediction doesnt happen. Now I wanna really read more of just jobs chapters through the series.....
Keebs411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 04:02 PM   #257 (permalink)
For the horde!

I am hoping Arya is the one to kill Cersei.
LuxoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:09 PM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxoDave View Post
I am hoping Arya is the one to kill Cersei.
I would NOT want to be on Arya's list

"Faceless" Arya killing Cersei as "Tyrion".

Delicous.
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:52 PM   #259 (permalink)
For the horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imp View Post
I would NOT want to be on Arya's list

"Faceless" Arya killing Cersei as "Tyrion".

Delicous.

+1 That would be awesome.
LuxoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 10:46 AM   #260 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

When I read about Arya's frozen fingers, my first thought was Cold Hands. Maybe Arya won't die during the coming winter. Maybe she'll be attacked by The Others and become a sentient wight like Cold Hands. How's that for a crackpot theory?!
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 05:55 PM   #261 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!

I like your thinking, Mesanna Here's another, really small connection .

In AGOT, Tyrion promises Mord, lady Lysa Tully's jail-keeper, a bag of gold if he delivers Tyrion's message. Mord is shocked when Tyrion delivers on his promise after Lysa lets him go. In Affc, we find out what exactly Mord did with the gold Tyrion gave him.

Quote:
“Mord, take him back to his sky cell,” said Petyr.
“Yes, m’lord.” Mord grabbed Marillion roughly by the collar. “No more mouth.” When he spoke, Sansa saw to her astonishment that the gaoler’s teeth were made of gold. They watched as he half dragged half shoved the singer toward the doors.
Young stormlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:18 AM   #262 (permalink)

I didnt go thru all the pages on this thread yet. But has anyone else realized jon snow always is some how attached to a woman with red hair? He says roz ia the 1st woman he was alone ina room naked with. Yigrette is kissed by fire and now mel. Not that hes romatically involved with a red headed woman but he seems to always end up close to a female whos been kissed by fire. Just thought that was an odd connection lol.
Old 4th April 2012, 06:35 AM   #263 (permalink)

What do u guya think about tyrion having 2 diff colored eyes and shiera seastar as well. While ahe has 1 green and one blue and one of his is black i find it curious and a cool poss connection being some of us have tossed around the idea tyrion may be part targ. He also seems to share many traints with blood raven as well.....my brains on over load. I need sleep. Please share anythoughts of other waya to twiat or connect further on this
Old 4th April 2012, 03:09 PM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebs411 View Post
I didnt go thru all the pages on this thread yet. But has anyone else realized jon snow always is some how attached to a woman with red hair? He says roz ia the 1st woman he was alone ina room naked with. Yigrette is kissed by fire and now mel. Not that hes romatically involved with a red headed woman but he seems to always end up close to a female whos been kissed by fire. Just thought that was an odd connection lol.
I'm not sure whom you're referring to, but Roz doesn't exist in the books, The red hair connection has been mentioned, and you can add Cat and Sansa, who both have auburn hair, which is sort of reddish brown.

Your point in the next post about two different colored eyes is interesting.
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 03:52 AM   #265 (permalink)

Seastar, sounds like Darkstar a bit...

There is a segment in one of Jon's speeches to the wildlings at Moletown(?)that reminded me of the writing on the statue of liberty that is very affecting. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."

Dany says "you cannot use must with queens" which is something Queen Elizabeth the first said about being told who she must marry. Dany also has an affair with Daario seems like Elizabeths relationship with Robert Duddley (she does not marry for many reasons).

I may have that a little wrong, but best I can recall.
Eulalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 04:52 PM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebs411 View Post
Thank u for the corrwction. I had lent my 1st book to my mom so i wasnt able to go back and check
Old 5th April 2012, 08:36 PM   #267 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!

I hope this is a connection . It's a small one and would be absolutely awesome if true.

ASOS, Catelyn's chapter

Quote:
Robb beckoned the other strangers forward, each in turn. “Ser Rolph Spicer, Lady Sybell’s brother. He was castellan at the Crag when we took it.” The pepperpot knight inclined his head. A square-built man with a broken nose and a close-cropped grey beard, he looked doughty enough. “The children of Lord Gawen and Lady Sybell. Ser Raynald Westerling.” The seashell knight smiled beneath a bushy mustache. Young, lean, rough-hewn, he had good teeth and a thick mop of chestnut hair. “Elenya.” The little girl did a quick curtsy. “Rollarn Westerling, my squire.” The boy started to kneel, saw no one else was kneeling, and bowed instead.
AFFC, Jaime's chapter, when he talks by the siege of Riverun

Quote:
And he’ll have it, as soon as I grow a new hand, thought Jaime. “We all have expectations,” he said mildly. “Tell me, is Ser Raynald Westerling amongst these captives?”

“The knight of seashells?” Edwyn sneered. “You’ll find that one feeding the fish at the bottom of the Green Fork.”

“He was in the yard when our men came to put the direwolf down,” said Walder Rivers. “Whalen demanded his sword and he gave it over meek enough, but when the crossbowmen began feathering the wolf he seized Whalen’s axe and cut the monster loose of the net they’d thrown over him. Whalen says he took a quarrel in his shoulder and another in the gut, but still managed to reach the wallwalk and throw himself into the river.”
And finally, the last Alayna's chapter:

Quote:
“You are never an intrusion, sweetling. I was just now telling these good knights what a dutiful daughter I had.”

“Dutiful and beautiful,” said an elegant young knight whose thick blond mane cascaded down well past his shoulders.

“Aye,” said the second knight, a burly fellow with a thick salt-and-pepper beard, a red nose bulbous with broken veins, and gnarled hands as large as hams. “You left out that part, m’lord.”

“I would do the same if she were my daughter,” said the last knight, a short, wiry man with a wry smile, pointed nose, and bristly orange hair. “Particularly around louts like us.”

Alayne laughed. “Are you louts?” she said, teasing. “Why, I took the three of you for gallant knights.”

“Knights they are,” said Petyr. “Their gallantry has yet to be demonstrated, but we may hope. Allow me to present Ser Byron, Ser Morgarth, and Ser Shadrich. Sers, the Lady Alayne, my natural and very clever daughter . . . with whom I must needs confer, if you will be so good as to excuse us.”

The three knights bowed and withdrew, though the tall one with the blond hair kissed her hand before taking his leave.
Is there a chance that the young knight is Raynald Westerling? I think yes, but not bloody likely... Meanwhile, Ser Morgarth is definitely brother superior from the quiet isle...
Old 5th April 2012, 08:42 PM   #268 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!

I have found Jaqen in the house of black and white!

AFFC Arya's chapter:

Quote:
The waif and kindly man were not the only servants of the Many-Faced God. From time to time others would visit the House of Black and White. The fat fellow had fierce black eyes, a hook nose, and a wide mouth full of yellow teeth. The stern face never smiled; his eyes were pale, his lips full and dark. The handsome man had a beard of a different color every time she saw him, and a different nose, but he was never less than comely. Those three came most often, but there were others: the squinter, the lordling, the starved man. One time the fat fellow and the squinter came together. Umma sent Arya to pour for them. “When you are not pouring, you must stand as still as if you had been carved of stone,” the kindly man told her. “Can you do that?”
Affc, prologue:

Quote:
He was just a man, and his face was just a face. A young man’s face, ordinary, with full cheeks and the shadow of a beard. A scar showed faintly on his right cheek. He had a hooked nose, and a mat of dense black hair that curled tightly around his ears. It was not a face Pate recognized. “I do not know you.”
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:00 PM   #269 (permalink)
Thousand eyes and one!

This one goes all the way to ACOK. Melisandre is the reason Stannis lost the battle on Blackwater rush! How?

She has seen two visions. One is Renly and Stannis coming to siege King's Landing and joining their forces there. The other is Stannis besieging King's Landing and getting hit in the rear by Renly and his forces. Thing is, that is exactly what happened to Stannis: A man wearing Renly's armor hit him in the rear and kicked his arse.

If Stannis didn't besiege Storm's End, two brothers would have met at King's Landing and joined forces. Instead, Renly gave Stannis defiance in front of Storm's End (what did he expect? He besieged Renly's home and seat!) and died for it. And thing is, Melisandre told Stannis to besiege Storm's End in the first place!

Mel has serious problems when it comes to the meaning of her visions...
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:47 PM   #270 (permalink)
Glad to be Geek

Nice pickup Stormlord!! I hope Ghost eats Mel's face before the end of the series. She deserves it.
Mesanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: