Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > George R R Martin

George R R Martin Discuss the writings of author GRRM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 02:39 AM   #196 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

Re: Not so important connections

ok good i spent 3 hours looking this up haha but maybe the thread should change to very important connections

The slim, sad girl who wore a crown of pale blue roses and a white gown spattered with gore could only be Lyanna.

"I dreamed about the crow last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad."

"And why was that?" Luwin peered through his tube.

"It was something to do about Jon, I think." The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so that any of the other crow dreams.

I'm walking down this long empty hall... opening doors, shouting names... the castle is always empty... the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run, then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It's black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don't want to. I'm afraid of what might be waiting for me... I scream that I'm not a Stark, that this isn't my place, but it's no good, I have to go down anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream... that's when I always wake
whiskeyntattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 02:42 AM   #197 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

thanks for the welcome i am often a reader but never a poster of forums .. well untill today when i found this forum and see other people have similar thoughts
Old 25th July 2008, 02:48 AM   #198 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

oh something else i thought a song of ice and fire the red priest (fire) maybe to powerful, the others (ice) the other side of the spectrum, then there is jon if he is the prince that was promised a mix of both it seems both stark and targareyn with great power carry the madness some reference about a stark LC going mad.

any thoughts?
Old 25th July 2008, 03:03 AM   #199 (permalink)
Fool

What does LC mean?
Hilarious Joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 05:48 AM   #200 (permalink)
Thaphireth!

Lord Commander.

Edit: YW, HJ.

I see Jon as too well grounded socially and too well balanced psychologically to go mad. But then again I don't know what's gonna happen to him...

Last edited by Boaz; 25th July 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Because I can.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 05:53 AM   #201 (permalink)
Fool

Thanks.
Hilarious Joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 10:19 AM   #202 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

i dont mean he will go mad i mean be may be the balance
Old 25th July 2008, 11:00 AM   #203 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

i think the faceless men learn from the stranger (also decribed as haveing no face or too plain) plus he is said to come for the dead and when arya lands in bravos seems everone in the temple is dying... so maybe the god you follow will change the characters some how
who is the opposite side of Rh'lor? hmm fire burns, ice seems to plain to the eyes...but maybe jons god the old gods (wood) could be the means for the battle to be fought between the two
Old 25th July 2008, 08:15 PM   #204 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

so anyways on that note i have been thinking and rereading a lot lately and in AFFC they call brienne a maid, and mention stranger about 10 times inthat book, also the number 7 has been tossed around about 1000 times

i think westeros will have to band together maybe all the gods are real and can lend powers and it will take

stranger - arya

maiden - brienne

warrior - jamie or bran (not likely but in reference to him dreaming of being a knight)

smith - gendry

mother - catilyn ??

crone- again ? maybe bran or sam or even mel (sam more likely for me being the crone guides the way and he is training and reading, and i dont like mel)

father -davos (stannis mentions to him on his return about a hero returned from the sea than mel saw in a fire) or jamie
Old 25th July 2008, 08:23 PM   #205 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

i think there is a small connection between the colour of oathkeeper not being lannister house colours maybe it shows the change in jamie since it was meant for him
Old 26th July 2008, 10:57 AM   #206 (permalink)
Old KiwiBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyntattoos View Post
so anyways on that note i have been thinking and rereading a lot lately and in AFFC they call brienne a maid, and mention stranger about 10 times inthat book, also the number 7 has been tossed around about 1000 times

i think westeros will have to band together maybe all the gods are real and can lend powers and it will take

stranger - arya

maiden - brienne

warrior - jamie or bran (not likely but in reference to him dreaming of being a knight)

smith - gendry

mother - catilyn ??

crone- again ? maybe bran or sam or even mel (sam more likely for me being the crone guides the way and he is training and reading, and i dont like mel)

father -davos (stannis mentions to him on his return about a hero returned from the sea than mel saw in a fire) or jamie
You make it sound as though this is Erikson's work (Malazan, book of the Fallen)
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 03:33 PM   #207 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

i would not compare GRRM to any author .. i really have no idea what is going to happen and i just cant wait to read ADWD to find more but i have noticed they characters mention seldom pray to other gods catilyn always go to the mother and jamie the warrior and the faceless men arya is training to be seem like the stranger the dwarf was scared of her said something about smelling like death and isnt that what the stranger is ?
Old 26th July 2008, 03:59 PM   #208 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

breinne is also called the maiden 10+ times through ASOS, AFFC
Old 26th July 2008, 04:02 PM   #209 (permalink)
corn,corn,corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
Lord Commander.

Edit: YW, HJ.

I see Jon as too well grounded socially and too well balanced psychologically to go mad. But then again I don't know what's gonna happen to him...
i imagine he will hve to bury his sword in ygritte setting it ablaze that could change a man ..
i read on this forum somewhere that dany sees the bones of her dragon , i dont remember that happening anyone help out?
Old 26th July 2008, 08:53 PM   #210 (permalink)
Old KiwiBird

Ygritte is dead,

Also the bones are a spoiler from a sample chapter. They are not from her dragon, but from a young child wich one of her dragons(Drogon) ate.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: