Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Torchwood

Torchwood Torchwood: outside the government, beyond the police. Fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. The 21st Century is when everything changes -- and Torchwood is ready.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 10:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Re: Torchwood: Jack Harkness (John Barrowman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyrocks99 View Post
1. Jack is NOT human, he is an alien time traveler from the 51st century, dunno which planet though.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but certainly I don't recall that. Where was it mentioned he was alien in either series? Or is it on a website or in an interview with someone (which would be less canonical, but I'd accept it)?

I think it makes a big difference if he is human or an alien like the Doctor.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 11:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Apple Nipple Nuts

Well, you know in "Greeks Bearing Gifts" when Mary grabs the transporter and she tells Jack that he smells different to the others and that he's not like them, well IMO I think that she was hinting that he was alien and he was kind of hinting that he was as well...could be wrong but I honestly swear that Jack has previously been referred to as being almost like the doctor with the acception of not being a Time Lord...I dunno, like I said I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's an alien...
christyrocks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 06:58 PM   #33 (permalink)

I watched trailer for the episode when Doctor comes in Cardif.When he see Jack he try to escape.I do not understand why.Maybe he dont know how to tell Jack about Rose,or maybe he is afraiding that Jack is going to rape him (it is very possible actualy )
WendyWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 10:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
Apple Nipple Nuts

It was because the Doctor left him for a reason but of course you'll know that by now, it was so funny though!
Old 20th June 2007, 04:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Destroyer of Words

Didn't Christopher Eccleston pretty much establish Jack's alien credentials? Anyway, that's what I've been believing.
Interference is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 04:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Genuinely Alien Visitor

Quote:
It was because the Doctor left him for a reason but of course you'll know that by now, it was so funny though!
Yes, pure prejudice

But I suspect the Doctor really loves Jack, underneath it all. He switched remarkably quickly from faint disgust to relieved hugs, on telling Jack that Rose was still alive.

I'm hoping the Doctor's going to have a think about what Jack said to him about prejudice, and maybe examine himself a little. Particularly as Martha is now feeling a little bit jittery about the Doctor possibly abandoning her at some point (have a look at the official Martha Jones blog on Mypace).

I don't know where people get this idea about Jack being kind of evil. He's a hero! Yes, in Torchwood he has to make some pretty unpalateable decisions to save the world, but in the end, he is quite happy to give his life to save everyone. He loves a lot of people, but is intensely loyal in his own way.

I just think the character of Captain Jack Harness, whether he's being flirtatious and gung-ho, or moody and mysterious, is such a fantastic character and I can't wait until the next series of Torchwood. I think they've really got into their stride, and the last two episodes particularly, were absolutely brilliant. I particularly loved the episode Captain Jack Harkness because it showed that our 'Jack' (or whatever his real name is) has a tender side to him. He actually cried at the end, did you see?

Personally, anyone who doesn't like Captain Jack is... What would you like? The moon on a stick?
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
Apple Nipple Nuts

QUOTE]What would you like? The moon on a stick?[/QUOTE]

Can I have both please?

I'm gonna see Cpt Jack next Saturday in London, whoop! Can't wait!

Anyhoo, I think the doctor does like Jack he just thinks Jack needs more responsibility (which he now has) etc. I think they'll get along fine now.
Old 24th June 2007, 12:39 PM   #38 (permalink)

I know it is weird,but I really like the Master.He is so crazy jumping on the Tardis,speaking fast,clever and sweet...he is just like the Doctor!
...but Jack is the best.He is flirting every time he opens his mouth!
WendyWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 02:55 AM   #39 (permalink)
Apple Nipple Nuts

OMG! I know what you mean, I think he's gorgeous too!!! My friends don't agree though but I now have pics of the master on my bedroom wall as well...yay!
Old 8th July 2007, 03:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
O.K several things;

1. Jack is NOT human, he is an alien time traveler from the 51st century, dunno which planet though.
Jack IS human. I have read articles the say he is human and never found anything saying he isnt.
Joe1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 11:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

i haven.t found anything that says that Jack is human or isn't human the only thing we know is that he is from the 51st century from a place called the Boeshane peninsula, but it doesn't say that it's not on earth, by the 51st century i would have thought that a lot of places had changed there names
xander838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 04:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Dark Lord

I'm almost totally sure that Jack is Human. The reason he smells different to the rest of the team is because he cannot die (or will perhaps when the energy used to re-animate him by Rose is spent) all is revealed in Season 3 of Doctor Who. When Jack returns to the Doctor.
Ice fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:23 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander838 View Post
i haven.t found anything that says that Jack is human or isn't human
Look at this:
Jack Harkness: Information from Answers.com
It says
Race: Human
Joe1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 09:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Charlotte Boyett~Compo

When I discovered Captain Jack I must say the writer in me sat up and took immediate notice. I was in the process of creating a new post-apocalyptic vampire western series and needed the inspiration for one of the seven warriors. Captain Jack gave me all kinds of ideas. I love the new series but I can do without the constant whimpering, too. Last night's episode Countrycide gave me new respect for some of the characters. Sick storyline but very well done, I thought. Last weeks Small Worlds was intriguing but I was a bit disappointed when Jack dropped the old woman who had once been his love and said, "I need a drink." Poor old biddy...left there on the cold wet ground with only a kitty cat as company.

Am anxiously awaiting each new episode. I think Jack is going to be a character I'm going to love to dislike and love at the same time.

Last edited by windlegends; 14th October 2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: misspell
windlegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 01:57 AM   #45 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

The final episode of the third season of the new 'Doctor Who' reveals who Jack becomes, though that still has no bearing on if he was originally human. I don't want to spoil, but it is a major revelation. Unfortunately, it seems like an unplanned idea and I still have some problems with how it could be true.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: