Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1 Time Line Chat > Stargate SG-1 Season 9

Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Forum for the discussion of Season 9 episodes. Use spoiler warnings for all episodes because different parts of the world get the episodes at different times.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd July 2005, 10:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Huge fan

OK then, I'm still looking forward to watching the new eps, but I was a bit worried about all these new cast members!
lisasg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2005, 03:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviersxmen
"but there acting and delivery is the same"

Thats what I liked about them.
That's not totally bad, but it's kind of awkward. Farscape was good, but SG-1 is a different show.

Hmm . . but if someone makes a fan fic about Ben's character giving a Malp the name 1812, that would be hilarious.
McHorde-Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Just began on Sky One

I just wondered why there is such a shortage of actors. Not only did we get the two 'Farscape' rejects, but we also saw Frohike from the 'X-files'. Then in each advertising break we saw a trailer for the '4400' with Robert Picardo, who has himself been in 'Stargate SG-1', but also 'Star Trek: Voyager'. The '4400' also has Lexa Doig who was in 'Andromeda'.

As for the episode itself: What is the USAF doing beaming down inside Glastonbury Tor on sovereign British soil? Haven't we got our own people to do this?

"We'd better inform the British Prime minister." Oh yes! Like you did when you invaded Grenada.

More seriously, the whole thing had 'TRAP' written all over it. It read just like a poorly written 'Dungeons & Dragons' ™ adventure.

Vala's character is funny though, despite the costume and I almost believe that Cameron will have to form a brand new team.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 10:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
It goes on.....

I thought the ep was pretty light, which seems a bit strange for an episode which is probably supposed to have some tension, being a session opener and a cliffhanger!

Still lots of stuff that i liked.

General Landry seems pretty cool and i loved his first conversation with Mitchell's and his "outward perfection" He also calls Walter "the little sergeant with psychic powers" - that actually made me laugh.

The auditioning scene was pretty funny, with the pushups and the androids and "call me Dave" guy.

"Ladies first" and Vala makes Daniel go first! Okay totally cliched, but still funny.

Jack telling Mitchell he could have "anything - professionally - well not *anything" - just so Jack, i'm gonna miss him

But why have they cut the credits to like 5 seconds? Makes no sense. I liked the credits!

And poor Daniel, once again he doesn't get to go to Atlantis...hopefully someday...
Maria8475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sexy & Sassy

I knew there was something under Glastonbury Tor!!

Not a bad ep.

I think General Landry will fit in nicely.

Some funny moments but to lighthearted for a start of a new series.

So Merlin's an ancient....not surprised.

Maria's right 5 sec. credits why the music is part of it.
Steffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 09:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well here we are again.

A nice primer of sorts. Yes Cameron`s character is pretty likeable however the "we owe him everything" and "this guy defeated anubis`s fleet" are pretty much dire script writing.

So we get another fighter pilot turned special ops uber soldier plot.

I liked the humour but lets leave Vala out of things for now.

Like I said nice primer but brace yourself becuase things are about to get daft!

Ranger
RangerOne SG13 SOR is offline   Reply With Quote