Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured Films > X-Men

X-Men X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
The comic book superhero team.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2006, 11:05 PM   #151 (permalink)
White Wolf

Re: X-Men 3

Overall verdict from me is excellent, a must see for any Xmen or movie fan!
kyektulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 12:30 AM   #152 (permalink)
beautiful disaster

sweet. I'm on it. THIS weekend! gawd, I hope those tween/teen movie jerks don't get too annoying. They don't even come to the theater to watch, just to throw popcorn, talk and make-out. I mean, some movies are good for making out... but please, people, do NOT distract me from the view of Hugh Jackman. hottie central.
Dianora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 01:50 PM   #153 (permalink)

I loved it. I'm no expert on the comics, but ti seems to me they always balance out the impact of the emotional development with the action stuff, and sometimes movies go too top-heavy on action, or too clumsy on the character. I thought this got the balance - it was exciting and big and popcorn, but at the same time I (almost) shed a little tear at the final Wolverine/Jean Gray scene.
deemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 03:45 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyektulu
Overall verdict from me is excellent, a must see for any Xmen or movie fan!
Is it, Kye? It's a bit "dangerous" to say it's a must for every movie fan...
Marky Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 09:08 PM   #155 (permalink)
She smiled til the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyektulu

I saw it yesterday and it was very very good, well tons better than the origional 2 anyway.
I COMPLETELY disagree. The first two were WAY better than the third one. They tried to introduce way too many characters into the third one, which would have been okay if they would have taken the extra 30 minutes to develop at least some of them. You didn't really get to know the new characters, while some that were already developed were shoved aside.

Did the Nightcrawler actor not want to do the third one? Or was that character just not important to the new director? This is a genuine question, I want to know, I'm not trying to bash on anyone, just curious.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 03:51 AM   #156 (permalink)
Easily Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris
The first two were WAY better than the third one. They tried to introduce way too many characters into the third one, which would have been okay if they would have taken the extra 30 minutes to develop at least some of them.
I read somewhere that they cut about 40 some minutes so it wouldn't be as long. If you want devlopment read the novelization of the movie. it explains things better than any movie could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris
Did the Nightcrawler actor not want to do the third one? Or was that character just not important to the new director? This is a genuine question, I want to know, I'm not trying to bash on anyone, just curious.
The actor was willing to do the movie, but they unfortunatly didn't add him to the script. I don't know the exact reason why the actor/charcter wasn't in the movie. The character actually gets a big part in the X-Men game that has/is coming out. The reasoning is that he was somewhere else while the events of the movie took place.

I hope my answers made sense, they sounded right in my head.
Animaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 11:32 AM   #157 (permalink)
Keep Moving Forward!

I heard that Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) and Bryan Singer didn't get along at all during the filming of the second installment, and he was purposefully left out of the mix when Singer was still attached. Don't know the truth to this. It's a shame, though, as Nightcrawler was one of the reasons the second film was so good, I reckon.
Culhwch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 03:34 PM   #158 (permalink)
wandering & wondering

I'd just like to mention Halle Berry's hair in the third movie. I wish I could get my hair to look like that.
Brown Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 03:43 PM   #159 (permalink)
~Behold my sparklies!~

Smile Re: X-Men 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Lazer
Is it, Kye? It's a bit "dangerous" to say it's a must for every movie fan...
How is it dangerous? Its Kye's opinion, not everyone has to go and see it, but its a great movie for all movie fans, that's what I think..
weaveworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 08:58 AM   #160 (permalink)

Well I guess there are a thousand different type of movie fans. Not all of them will like the movie. That's why I meant.
Marky Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 11:52 AM   #161 (permalink)
Lost in Thought

oh! I'm gonna see this...might wait till it comes out on DVD though...
*runs away covering ears against any potential spoilers*
Teir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 12:02 AM   #162 (permalink)

from what ive heard about a 4 or 5, is that Vinny Jones (juggernaugt sp?) has signed on _if_ there is another film or more
andy_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 04:39 AM   #163 (permalink)
Easily Distracted

There aren't going to be anymore X-Men films, though they are in the process of doing Magneto and Wolverine prequels.
Animaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 09:18 PM   #164 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

I've now heard / read that if enough people watch it - they'll make another one. Granted - that came from Halle Berry who said she didn't want to do anymore X-films.... but hey - whatever.

This film is one of those that's kind of 'weird' - I've seen it 3 times and my opinion doesn't exactly change, so much as I 'rethink' things each time.

Don't get me wrong - I loved it - namely that the X-Men get to do "X-Men-y" things - flying, fighting, etc - stuff the X-Men should do based on what's in the comics, etc... ((I still don't understand why Storm hasn't flown before now - they levitated everyone else in the 1st two.))

... ahem - anyway - the special effects kind of bowl you over on the first viewing and there's so much to pay attention to that it's hard to get everything the first time through. I mean, you can get the major story elements, but mostly - you get *SFX* everywhere. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Subsequent viewings lend to the story elements being easier to grasp and they start to not quite hold together as cohesively as you might prefer. There's a lot of 'little' story bits that are lost in the major arc - ie: Rogue-Bobby-Kitty. That story was rather lost amidst all the Phoenix pieces.

Also - toooooo many characters with itty bitty minor parts.

But - I still liked the movie quite a lot.

My one big question though: how does Phoenix make the entire top of Wolverine's outfit disappear, but she leaves his pants and boots?
Highlander II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 09:58 PM   #165 (permalink)
Questarian Gaterider P3g

Keep it at 3. Any more and it won't be a 'trilogy' :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing more X-men related movies, but if they go the way it seems they might go... we'll be seeing a lot of one character as opposed to the team. I like the team dynamic.
philoSCIFI is offline   Reply With Quote