Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1 Time Line Chat > Stargate SG-1 Season 7

Stargate SG-1 Season 7 Forum for the discussion of Season 7 episodes. Use spoiler warnings for all episodes because different parts of the world get the episodes at different times.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th June 2003, 10:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Fear is the mind killer.

Quote:
Originally posted by skoon
I think they'd want to but, Danny-boy didn't want them to even touch him so I guess it was a bit of an awkward situation.
Yeah, you’re probably right there.

P.S. Loved your sig! The Fith Race was one of my favorite eps.
Lonewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 11:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Official keeper of Narim!

hee hee, thanx. I have yet another favourite quote now from S7 "everyone turn away, I want no witnesses"

I forgot to mention, I hadn't realized how giddy I get when I haven't read spoilers before watching an episode. None of S5/S6 was a serprise to me, perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it as much, also the fact that I've watched most of it on Mini vision. All I knew of this ep was the chance of seeing Danny naked. other than that it was all a surprise so I quite enjoyed it. I also liked how Danny is acting more like Jack now that he doesn't remember who he is himself. Perhaps that shows how much Jack did mean to him? By joking how Jack jokes, it's Danny's unconcious way of remembering their friendship? Just a thought. I laughted a lot anyhow.

Another point I found interesting...& refressing. Jack didn't blindly trust Sam's plan like he always seems to. He kept questioning it & saying it was a bad idea. Usually its, ok Sam what's up your sleve, let's do it, you're super Sam.

Loved how we get to see Jack & Sam fly together, reminding us that they ARE after all in the airforce. I thought it funny that that whole scene seeme to have been taken out of Starwars, made it feel like, finally we humans are advancing, making that next step into the Enterprise.

Just my 2 & a half cents worth
skoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 11:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
A pain in the Mikta

I loved the little line 'I thought we were going for Red Leader on this one'! Yeah, they were ripping off Star Wars, but at least they acknowledged it.

Okay, one thing that really bugged me about this ep - the shield thing. So now, apparently, you can fly right through a Goa'uld designed shield when in hyperspace. Now, the Goa'uld have had shields for, well, centuries, I'm guessing. Why has it never occured to any of them to try this on their enemies? Even if the ship going through the shields rematerialized inside the ship they were attacking, it'd still cause a hell of a lot of damage. Just really bugged me.

Of course, that's not to say the sequence was any less cool

Raptor
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2003, 04:15 PM   #49 (permalink)

didn't Carter keep saying that they had to wait 'til Nubby charged the weapon. Perhaps they were taking the Star Trek idea that when charging weapons, shields are temporarily down...I think that's how it was...
Old 18th June 2003, 09:11 AM   #50 (permalink)
First Prime of Burgstrom

Thumbs up

I think why they needed to wait untill the weapon charged was becuase then they could take out the cooling unit and make it overload, I don't think it had anything to do with the shield. They only waited on going in because otherwise they'd be stuck inside when waiting for the weapon to fire up.
beckmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 09:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Huge fan

Hey! I finally saw both the eps, and you guys are right, they were really cool!
lisasg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 10:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Mr. Flibble is very cross

I can't wait to see this ep, but I gotta wait till Sept (bummer!)
Arc_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2003, 09:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

Eh - I'm like skydiver - it was okay -

big on plot, short on action / adventure

and there was a lot of 'Star Wars' feel to it --

I think leaving Daniel 'out' or 'off world' a bit longer would have been more believable - unless they could come up with a better reason for his memory to just randomly start appearing - b/c that part - *not* an intriguing mystery - it sounded more like 'Oh, well, we need a way for Daniel to want to go back and he needs all his memory parts, so, eh, we'll just let him and the team wonder about what's going on until we come up with a better answer.' - total cop-out, IMO.

Yeah - they 'cleaned up' some stuff, but they just tried to shove too much into this.

**waiting for tomorrow night's ep - maybe it'll be better**
Highlander II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2003, 10:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Trivia Goddess

Location: topeka, ks, usa- 7 1/2 hours due east of Cheyenne Mountain
I have a funny feeling daniel will replace jonas in the 'ok, we need to explain plot point/back story A to the audience so Daniel, here you ask about it so sam can explain it to you' (think about jonas' lines in Nightwalkers, explaining the adrian conrad backstory)

on the upside, maybe that'll eliminate the 'jack plays dumb so sam can explain' bits....but if it happens every episode, it's gonna get real old real fast
skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2003, 08:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

yes, b/c that's the easy way out -- instead of writing it up nicely so that you can do both 'explain backstory' and 'move the plot forward' ---

there are other ways to explain backstory w/o someone being 'clueless' to explain it to - *sigh*

I fear you are correct, skydiver.

And yes, 'not dumb Jack' would be great - b/c he's not and that bugs me - but 'explain it all to me Daniel' will grow old real fast.
Highlander II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 04:15 AM   #56 (permalink)
Explorer

I really liked this episode. I thought they brought Daniel back in a very realistic way. I liked that he got to act non-Daniel-like for a while when he didn't remember anyone. It was a nice change.

Just wondering.....do most of you out there read about the episodes on the site before watching them? I was just curious because I avoid reading anything about eps I haven't seen yet, I don't even watch the commercials for the next weeks show. It makes the show much more exciting for me when I have NO idea what its about. Then everything is a surprise! It's really cool. I was just wondering if anyone else out there does the same thing?
HeyLynny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2003, 01:43 AM   #57 (permalink)
First Prime of Burgstrom

I could never do that. Too anxious to see what's next.

I actually like some spoilers. I like to know what to expect when it comes to over-all plot and guest-charecters, ect. I don't want to know the entire thing and how the problems are resolved, but I like knowing ahead of time waht is going on and what over-all to expect.
beckmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2003, 06:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

I like to know if there's S/J shippiness... Skoon ducks & runs...
Old 25th June 2003, 07:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
The Fifth Member of SG-1

I read hardly any episodes in advance, I think this might be only like the third one I've ever read. But c'mon I needed to know Danny was coming back!
FeedMeTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2003, 09:44 PM   #60 (permalink)

Why exactly did O'Neill pilot the X-302 during this episode? 45 is ancient for a fighter pilot and the USAF would have almost certainly selected a pilot with recent combat flight experience. Most fighter pilots retire from this role in their mid thirties; the slowing of reactions by aging makes middle-aged pilots unsuitable for this type of work.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote