Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Andromeda > Andromeda Season 1-5

Andromeda Season 1-5 Area for Seasons 1 to 5 discussions whether it be a rating of the episode, synopsis, or discussion about something that occurred within an episode. Please remember to use \'spoiler warnings\' when talking about future episodes.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th January 2003, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sovs Favorite Moderator

3 : 20 : Twilight of the Idols

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------
stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2003, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fear is the mind killer.

I have to say I did enjoy this episode better than the past few, but it was disapointing nontheless.

What I liked:

The scenes between Harper and Tyr! They've given us a lot of these recently and I've loved all of them. Those two interact so well together. It's sad to think of Keith leaving.

Rommie back in the field again. It's always nice to see her getting into the action, and having her work with Dylan for once is good.

Getting some idea of what happened to the Genites. Andromeda writers have a habit of throwing things out there, and leaving you wondering what's happened to that plot. I'm glad they decided to address this a little.

What I Didn't Like:

I don't see how Dylan could trust 'The Patricharc' so quickly. I know he's lost some of his edge over the past year but I still hoped he wouldn't lead his crew into a dangerous situation without more intell. Plus, the fact that he left Stark alive was stupid. The man or woman, or what ever Stark is now, obviously posed a threat to the Commonwealth and to his crew. He should have 'fought the battle others can't' and killed Stark when he had the chance.

Which brings me to another point, who came up with the idea of having Stark survive all of these years? That was so pointless and it ruined much of the story. I would have preferred it if the Patriarch had simply been a decendedant, leaving the real Admiral Stark to die valiantly in battle. The idea of Stark's consciousness being passed from body to body was just weird and I could have done without it.

Over all I'll give it a three out of five. It was okay, but could have been better.
Lonewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2003, 05:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sovs Favorite Moderator

Not one of my favourites ...definately a must watch again one.

I also had problems dealing with the whole soul passing down scenario so many factors just make it not beleivable...

and the storm troopers ...why did we have storm troopers surely they could have come up with better or at least differing costumes.

still I love Andromeda ...

Cheers
Stripe
Old 26th May 2003, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by stripe

and the storm troopers ...why did we have storm troopers surely they could have come up with better or at least differing costumes.
You steal my words, althought I find it amusing that they look like the storm troopers, at some moment I was waiting for Darth Vader to appear. :lol:

I really like this episode but probably most of it is because I love Michael Ironside, as always he was awesome as the Patriarch. I really hope to see him more as a guest star. He's a great actor and I always find his baddies the best.

But I have to agree with both of you about the explanation of who the Patriarch was. I really don't like that much I think it take something to the character that I definitely was thrill to know and enjoy. As I mention before, for me what save it was that I totally love Ironside acting.

I enjoy seeing the Patriarch and Dylan interaction through all the episode.

Also I have to agree with the interaction between Tyr and Harper, definitely love it.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2003, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sovs Favorite Moderator

I agree Krystal ...I've never been an Ironside fan but something about those looks he gave made me shiver ...lol

A very powerful actor and I also hope we see him again...

Cheers
Stripe
Old 7th June 2003, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Smile

Yeah, I hope they bring him back some time. It have possibilities since they let space to continue with his character.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote