Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Buffy

Buffy What started out as a campy movie, became one of the hottest shows on TV, with seven action packed seasons. Discuss the complete Buffy: the Vampire Slayer saga here.

View Poll Results: Your preferred style of Sitcom? Definitions in the first post
Prattle 1 50.00%
Original Sitcom 0 0%
Black Comedy 0 0%
Slapstick and Farce 1 50.00%
I Missed One? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th June 2002, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gigi's "Spark"

Question Season 1 R1 DVD Set - Whaddaya think of it?

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

I just finished watching the entire Season 1 DVD set and all the extras (what few there were). I was wondering what some of you thought about it. I plan on posting my formal review on my website but I wanted to share some thoughts here as well.

The only major extra on this set (IMHO) is the commentary on "Welcome to the Hellmouth / The Harvest" by Joss Whedon. I thought it suffered somewhat from being a solo commentary as opposed to some of the duo and group tracks on other discs. But that doesn't mean it's bad. I think Joss did a great job and you can tell he has a really deep affection for the entire cast and crew. His love of the show is very apparent and he's not afraid to poke a little fun at himself either. All in all a pretty good listen especially if you're a hardcore fan.

The other extras pale in comparison to other discs. But I'm not going to rail on them here, I'm saving that for my site.

So what did you think of this set?
Old 29th June 2002, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

I liked Joss' commentary - he's fun - and you get to hear about some of the things he did and why he changed things -- but that stuff interests me - I like to know 'why' and 'how' -- it's how I work --

the rest of the 'extras' weren't as good - it would have been nice for more commentary on the eps, but, it was a good start --
Old 13th August 2002, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gigi's "Spark"

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

OK, I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I thought I'd drop it in here. I posted my "official" review of the S1 box set on my site www.geocities.com/almostahermit so check it out. Just follow the links for the "Buffy" page and let me know what you think of my thoughts.
Old 14th August 2002, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Thought it was very well done and pointed out some things that I had actually been thinking -

Like the 'go back to the main menu' thing - that bothered me - I wanted to watch 'em all w/o having to stop btwn - but, I can deal w/ the stopping.

(the thing is weird on the 2nd set - it's longer, but anyway) --

I was kind of looking for commentary on the "Angel" ep too - but was happy w/ the Joss commentary for "WttH/Harvest" ---

Excellent review on the box set -- good information.
Old 11th September 2002, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
subboreal queen

I liked it, but not really much extra's :'(
Season 3 DVD-box was great for extra's. More is always better ;o)

:wave: Aset :wave:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: