Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis Character Chat > Jonas Quinn

Jonas Quinn Well, what can I say? Formally known as The New Guy (TNG).

View Poll Results: What color are your aliens?
yellow 13 68.42%
blue 3 15.79%
purple 3 15.79%
red 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th March 2002, 10:56 PM   #61 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Speaking as someone who needed a crash helmet I think this is a great thread, and I'm very glad that you started it. I don't need to agree with other people's views to respect them, or to see their reasoning, and enjoy how they came to that.

I also think you CAN extrapolate a fair bit about Jonas from what we saw, Hatshepsut makes some good points, but I also want to wait and see what happens. I'm giving the writers a chance to write in this character in a believable way. If they don't or can't, then most of the negative things that people have said will be proved true. But lets give them a chance first!
Old 9th March 2002, 10:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

Location: Third star on the left and straight on till morning!
Smile

I honestly don't think you should regret starting the thread Pamie.... it was started as you say with a view to fun, but it also afforded an opportunity for those who feel they have valid viewpoints on the subject and wanted to air them. As you said many very good points have been put forward, which might not have been had the thread not been started.

I have always applauded this forum more than any other for the willingness always to support another's views even if they don't follow the usual path, it's why I come back time after time. It's threads like this that make the forum work for me. Passions have been intense in this one, but no one has started a flaming session.

A lot more Stargate discussions should be so sensible!

I too await Season 6 to see what the new guy will do and how they will assimilate him.
Old 9th March 2002, 10:58 AM   #63 (permalink)
jsc

I am awaiting season 6... with all the arguements in mind. I want to see what is done or not with JQ before I pass judgement... I have not even seen this episode (Meridian) outside of squinty vision... and I wasn't thrilled with it.. I was too busy with Daniel being turned into 'Glow boy' instead of having a real departure... we don't need St. Daniel of Desala.. but I din't get any chance to give input..... Rather have Daniel off world doing archaeology and translation and 'glowing' round the SGC.
Old 9th March 2002, 02:04 PM   #64 (permalink)
Gatefink

Quote:
Originally posted by Anni
I honestly don't think you should regret starting the thread Pamie.... it was started as you say with a view to fun, but it also afforded an opportunity for those who feel they have valid viewpoints on the subject and wanted to air them. As you said many very good points have been put forward, which might not have been had the thread not been started.

I have always applauded this forum more than any other for the willingness always to support another's views even if they don't follow the usual path, it's why I come back time after time. It's threads like this that make the forum work for me. Passions have been intense in this one, but no one has started a flaming session.

A lot more Stargate discussions should be so sensible!

I too await Season 6 to see what the new guy will do and how they will assimilate him.
Superbly put Anni. I couldn't agree more.

(I don't really think the crash-helmets need to stay in handy reach, cos any excesssive disputes can always be resolved in the food-fight thread!!)
Old 9th March 2002, 02:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
WELCOME HOME, DR. JACKSON

Food fight? Does that include chocolate...?

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--
Old 9th March 2002, 03:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Gatefink

Chocolate? In a food fight? Are you mad? That would be wasteful!

(unless, of course, you mean white choccie, I hate that stuff, would happily throw that at anyone, hehe)
Old 9th March 2002, 06:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
WELCOME HOME, DR. JACKSON

Well, that depends what you do with it, doesn't it...?:evil:

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--
Old 9th March 2002, 11:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Space Monkey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Anni

Yeah I totally agree...its one of the things that keeps me coming back time and time again.
I do like the way that all views in this thread have been put across is such a way as to not to upset anyone. And has not turned into a (dare I say his name!) another 'Daniel has left' thread.
Im not that sorry that I started the thread..it just turned out a lot different then I thought it would!
But its all good all the same!
Old 10th March 2002, 07:51 AM   #69 (permalink)
How it all began ...

Quote:
I don’t want to sound like I’m ignoring the opposing opinions out there, I respect everyone’s right to speak their mind but I feel this thread was started way to early to be fair to either side of the argument.
Actually after re-thinking what I wrote I'm glad you started the thread Pamie. If the "powers that be" do read these forum discussions it will give them a good idea what fans will and will not accept in relation to Jonas' character.

Afterall - it's no good anyone telling them they've made a mistake after they've already done it is it

This is gonna be a tricky situation imo but I have faith that Jonas will earn the team's respect (and therefore the fan's) in the same way Teal'c did.
Old 10th March 2002, 09:36 PM   #70 (permalink)

Sphinx wrote:

Quote:
This is gonna be a tricky situation imo but I have faith that Jonas will earn the team's respect (and therefore the fan's) in the same way Teal'c did.
Oh please, Teal'c won the respect of the team by saving their lives. Weasel Boy has already gotten one team member killed, thus alienating all the Dannyfans. I really don't see how TPTB can reclaim this situation.
Old 10th March 2002, 10:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
Space Monkey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jobeth

Oh please, Teal'c won the respect of the team by saving their lives. Weasel Boy has already gotten one team member killed, thus alienating all the Dannyfans. I really don't see how TPTB can reclaim this situation.
Jonas didn't really get Danny killed...I know he didn't do anything to stop it either but he didn't make Daniel do what he did. Daniel did that of his own feel will.
And as for alienating all Danny fans...well Im a Danny fan and I kinda liked Jonas...or at lest am going to see what he is like for season six.

Old 10th March 2002, 10:22 PM   #72 (permalink)

Red face I like him very much (since Parker Lewis )

The actor:
Good choice. I like him. SG1 need someone with charisma and he had it. Besides his carrier was in off but it was unffair. They do Better than CC. Robert Patrick is a good guy/actor but his look is not very atractive. Everything is marketing unffortunely.

Well, I only could opine about the actor because here in Brazil season five it's only beggining. I hope they make a loving triangle Jack- Sam - Jonas. Some jealousy is allways good. And I love to see jack suffering for Sam.

PS : SOMEONE COULD, PEASE, TELL ME WHAT THEY DID WITH DANIEL ???? IF THEY DID WHAT I THINK THEY DID I HOPE THERE IS A SARCOFAGOUS NOT SO FAR AWAY ...

HOW THIS JONAS COME OUT ?

AND A STUPID QUESTION: THIS JONAS ISN'T SAM'S BOYFRIEND, ISN'T ?

MY email : jaell@onmail.com.br

thanks for help.
Old 11th March 2002, 05:02 PM   #73 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Re: I like him very much (since Parker Lewis )

Daniel "leaves" in the penultimate episode of Season 5, you you can read about it that thread, if you really want to spoil it.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeane
AND A STUPID QUESTION: THIS JONAS ISN'T SAM'S BOYFRIEND, ISN'T ?
If Jonas was Sam's boyfriend, he wouldn't last very long would he? That's an idea though!
Old 12th March 2002, 11:10 AM   #74 (permalink)
Mr. Flibble is very cross

I think he was alright, I didn't like him in the ep though, but I bet when he is put in the team and we know more about him, he'll be a nice guy and add something unique to the Sg-1 team dynamic
Old 12th March 2002, 07:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
This is Star - my honey!!

Cool

Maybe, maybe not. We shall have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!

annette
Closed Thread