Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1 Time Line Chat > Stargate SG-1 Season 5

Stargate SG-1 Season 5 Forum for the discussion of Season 5 episodes. Use spoiler warnings for all episodes because different parts of the world get the episodes at different times.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th November 2001, 09:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Space Monkey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Anni

They also, of course, reintroduced Cadet Hailey, who was just as annoying as she was before. It was a very pat, feelgood episode, and Daniel playing the 'baddie' in the training scenarios was a relatively amusing idea.

Teal'c as usual got very little to say... so what else is new? The line from the film Evolution with David Duchovny always springs to mind when I see Teal'c.... the part where the black guy says "I've seen this movie.....the black dude always dies first!".

Hehe....

Yeah I have just seen this one....I also never liked Cadet Hailey before so seeing her back was great (not)
Kinda hoped that she was dead in the gateroom at the end...but knew I would never be that lucky!!!

I do have to say I have noticed that Teal'c has not said more then a few lines on the past few episodes....

Had to know it was all a test as Teal'c was ment to have been taken over by the alien thingy....well that never happens!!!

I thought it was a fairly good episode...but even I must admit we need more of SG1 going out and finding new aliens....this lot that they are doing on Earth could get real boring real soon....

Though Lt Elliott was ok...didn't know he was ment to have Lantash blend with him...that should be a good story...

Overall it was ok...but again a Jack and Sam story and not much of Teal'c or even Danny this time...plus Danny as the bad guy.....LOL
pamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 09:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

I also didn't like the fact Teal'c was taken over, it didn't make sense. Also I kept thinking "The Lower Decks -- Star Trek: The Next Generation."

That was ultimately unfounded, because this was much better. I knew it was an exercise at first, Hayley was in it, I guessed it was still an exercise later, Teal'c and other things, but I was taken in at the very end. I like it when you are kept guessing. That's why I like the film "Total Recall" -- I still can't work that one out, and I've seen it about 30 times!!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Daniels Beloved

i quite liked this eppy, even though daniel didn't have much to say
but i have to agree with everyone i just cant stand cadet hailey
having lantash back should be interesting...peachy
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

Location: Third star on the left and straight on till morning!
Agreed..... more of a Jack and Sam story. Nothing really to excite and before the shippers start drooling big time..... there weren't any obvious lingering moments between the two. Although Jack got shot and she helped him up, again. Only this time, he just got a charge from a training weapon.

I have a horrible feeling though, that the Jack and Sam lovers will be making hay out of this while the sun shines!

God help us.....break out the drool buckets, mops, industrial pumps and submarines. Batten down the hatches.....

Elliot will make a cocky little Tok'ra if it IS true that he will be host to one..... That'll please our good Colonel...

Anni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 10:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Daniels Beloved

we havent had to baten down the hatches in while anni
the practice should do you and cronus good ..peachy
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 10:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

Wink

Oh ya.......he's already flexing his muscles!

A lovely sight as always........ *sigh.....c'mere Cronus!*

:evil: :evil:
Old 28th November 2001, 10:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

I've already posted about this in the UK thread, but from reading these posts, am I correct in thinking that we (UK) have now caught up with the USA? How can that be posible, you were way ahead of us only a few months ago? You must have had a lot of repeats in the meantime.
Old 28th November 2001, 10:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

Cool

Caught up and just passed the US Dave.....one episode past when the US stopped showing the new Season Five eppys and started on their re-runs. They won't see Proving Ground until January or thereabouts I guess. This is where we in the UK get about a month ahead of the US.

Old 28th November 2001, 10:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 28th November 2001, 10:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Expert Member

Location: Sitting in front of my computer, at home, on Chulak.
I agree about Total Recall!!

I liked being given the insight that they did!! Ideas for future fanfic?!?!
kelsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2001, 10:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

Did you realise the Americans haven't seen this one yet? They won't see it until January 2002.

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthr...?threadid=8191
Old 29th November 2001, 06:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

Isn't this strange? There was a time when you could post something on a new episode and there would be scores of people yelling and complaining or agreeing.

Is it my imagination or has the Stargate forum gone really quite quiet since the announcement at Gatecon that there would just be one more season and that MS is leaving?

Maybe the true fans are beginning to reveal themselves.......

Or am I doing a Jack O'Neill here and being cynical?

:evil: :dead:
Old 29th November 2001, 07:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Wherever I Am, I'm There

There are two parallel threads running here. The Brits are posting all the spoilers on the other thread, so there's nothing very controversial here.

But I've found it very quiet here recently too, the Star Trek forum is the same, all the new members are posting about new TV series and Harry Potter.
Old 29th November 2001, 07:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
New Zealander - hullo!!!

Location: This place called New Zealand - where season 4 of Sg1 just finished, season 7 of The X files just finished and the first season of Seven Days just finished and all i got to watch is JAG
i just wana say sumthing really freakie here.

me in New Zealand will see Proving Ground in the middle of next month (assuming TV2 doesn't do anything weird). thats means i see it before the usa.

anyone else finding this..odd?
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2001, 07:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Chronos' Love Slave

I don't know what it is..... I liked the Harry Potter books.... but the film doesn't do anything for me at all...... I would rather see Lord of the Rings I think. As for the new Trek series.... I am just not sure about it I'm afraid. There's something missing from these things.....a something that Stargate had....and the old Treks had.... I can't explain it somehow.....

Maybe I'm getting old!

:dead: