Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1 Time Line Chat > Stargate SG-1 Season 5

Stargate SG-1 Season 5 Forum for the discussion of Season 5 episodes. Use spoiler warnings for all episodes because different parts of the world get the episodes at different times.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th August 2001, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sothoii war maid

I liked this episode, especially the role reversal between DAniel and Jack. with Daniel wanting to interfere in the culture and Jack being against it.

Also liked it when Tealc went to try and help Daniel and Jack and Sam went with him.

REally nice to see the development of Chaka. His character has really grown and the friendship between him and Daniel was good to see.
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2001, 10:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cogito ergo doleo

I *really* liked this one. What I liked the best was that it explored some very difficult ethical and moral questions, and didn't presumem to answer them all neatly and patly. Chaka is going to lead a rebellion, and it's going to be a pretty bloody one.

Another favorite moment - when Daniel, recovering from the painstick thingy (does anyone know what these are called?), and the shock of seeing the other unas murdered in front of him, and he says, so tiredly, something to the effect of "Jack, for once I'm not arguing, I just want to get out of here". A nice moment.
shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2001, 04:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

The first ones is absolitely the best episode I've ever seen, or should I say so far?! BEast of Burden is as good as that one, if not better.

I was quite sad about the changes in Daniel's character, you know this action hero stuff, lol. Now this one shows that Daniel is still the peacefull, caring sensible (I know blabla) anthropologist I fell in love with.

And I really enjoyed the arguments between him and Jack, as always ( When Jack says he doesn't care and everyone looks at him, accusingly, lol)

The topic of the episode is very well chosen and critically realized, in my opinion.

I could watch it a thousand times.
best fun moment is when Daniel talks to Carter and tells her that Jack's alright...physically and the part about the birthday present, I was rofl

bye Isold
Isold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2001, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Official keeper of Narim!

Unhappy

what did Danny-boy say after saying Jack was physically alright? The sound on my computer wasn't so good so I couldn't catch what his joke was even when I went over it several times at full volume.
skoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2001, 01:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

He said: "But, I'm not expecting a birthday present any time soon."
StarExplorerSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2001, 01:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Talking

hee hee hee, thanx.
Old 15th August 2001, 05:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Man With No Name

great ep. a bit of action and a bit of this and that. Some great jokes especially jacks: for the record. i don't care. that was great. me thinks we could be going back to this in series six.
Manco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 03:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

Definitely. And I am sure they will if there will be a season six. I mean they left so many questions there...

Yes Jack was reat but did you see how Te'alc and Sam looked at him? I almost felt pity, lol. and then he said, okay I agree...FUN!
Isold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
nic
Stomping Turnips

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Also liked it when Tealc went to try and help Daniel and Jack and Sam went with him.
Yeh it was great of them to come to the rescue, but one thing nagged at me.
I should probably watch the episode again, but it seemed like Teal'c just took it upon himself to go to Jack and Daniels aid.
Should he not have discussed it with Carter first before running of (leaving her shouting after him) since Carter was the one now in charge?
I just wondered if it had been Jack up their with Teal'c instead of Carter would he have acted the same?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having ago at it, it just seemed a little off to me.
nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 03:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

i think sam was glad teal'c went after them cause if she did she'd be violating a direct order, this way she could do what she really wanted to do (go help the guys) but not get into trouble...though i don't really think she'd be in trouble if she violated an order w/jack if she had a good reason.
tatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
nic
Stomping Turnips

like I said, I probably need to watch the episode again!
nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 04:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Thumbs up

I tend to like the Stargate episodes that make one really think about ethics and morality. I thought the srotyline was well done and (like everyone else) I liked the dialogue between Daniel and O'Neill.

Nic, I also thought the Teal'c/Carter exchange was a little odd. It was certainly out of character for Teal'c, IMO. It would be great if the team could pick up tomorrow's episode where they ended last week so we could see the questions/decisions/opinions (if any) regarding the mission.
hyacintheve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

I really liked this episode. I have to say season 5 is going well above my expectations each episode is as good as or better than the last. I would like to say I big thankyou to the script writers for this.

I loverd the Jack And Daniel Bannter true to form for both characters.
Also the bit about the birthday present was so funny.

Another thing I liked was Sam and Teal'c Being put in the situation together. With this you get to see the way Teal'c respects Carter for the Solider that she is.

I could watch this episode over and over again because it was so good.
wigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2001, 09:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Trivia Goddess

Location: topeka, ks, usa- 7 1/2 hours due east of Cheyenne Mountain
sam was following her orders which was if i'm recalling correctly' stay put at the gate, see if you can get home, maintain radio silence'
theoretically that's what she was supposed to do. but that's not what t-man wanted to do...i'm thinking they were cowering in the bushes for a few hours anyway.
so he took off, sam followed. which makes sense in the look on her face when jack asked her what they were doing or someting like that....there are following orders and there are following orders.
true she didn't stay at the gate like she was supposed to...but she also didn't act further without his orders.
bout the only way it could have really hit the fan was if she or teal'c had been captured. then none of them woulda been getting birthday presents
skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2001, 11:36 AM   #30 (permalink)

I seem to remember Jack saying to Sam something like 'I thought I told you radio silence'. I've only watched it once on a bad internet download.