Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Stargate > Stargate SG-1 Time Line Chat > Stargate SG-1 Season 5

Stargate SG-1 Season 5 Forum for the discussion of Season 5 episodes. Use spoiler warnings for all episodes because different parts of the world get the episodes at different times.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th October 2001, 09:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Space Monkey!

5:06 Rite Of Passage

Well I kinda liked this one.
It was good to see Cassy back again and to catch up on what she has been up to.
I liked to see the relationship between Cassy and Sam and also Cassy and the Doc.
Thought Cassy was a little bit of a brat in the begining...but kinda forgive her for it by the end of the show.
Again it was another..we have a gou'ald and we let it go...
But all in all it was an ok episode.
I think it would have been a little better if the orginal actress had played the part of Cassy this time round...but as she was not able to do so...the other made a good job of filling her shoes
pamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2001, 09:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
How it all began ...

Ok - there were some aspects I liked about this ep but I ended up being quite disappointed.

As if we are going to let a Goa'uld system lord just walk out of the SGC with all the knowledge they've gained !

That's smart !

There were a few other "nits" as well with various parts of the plot.

Why oh why don't that have TER's setup in the gateroom. The SGC has had so many "unseen" visitors that only the TER's pickup that you would have thought it would have become common practice every time a team comes through the gate.

If I remember from the episode "Show and Tell" where the base was overun with ReeTou they all agreed to get some kind of TER scanner installed for the future. Did it ever happen - nah !

Now you could say that it's takes time to create this type of equipment but I'd say - if they can build an Fully functioning IRIS that quick they can build anything !

I thought of more after watching it but I try and forget them and get on with the next episode. For me it was a 5/10
Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2001, 04:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Space Monkey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sphinx
If I remember from the episode "Show and Tell" where the base was overun with ReeTou they all agreed to get some kind of TER scanner installed for the future. Did it ever happen - nah !

Now you could say that it's takes time to create this type of equipment but I'd say - if they can build an Fully functioning IRIS that quick they can build anything !

Yeah I had forgotten about this..they did say they were going to do that.
Its amazing what they 'forget' to put into a story line when they want
pamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2001, 06:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Expert Member

Location: Sitting in front of my computer, at home, on Chulak.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sphinx
why don't that have TER's setup in the gateroom.
Just an idea, but might be becos then they'd have to have thne on like 24 / 7 (or near enough) and they might run out of power of something?!
kelsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2001, 09:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Retired super-mod-erator!

umm, its been a while since i saw this one, but I did quite like it. I agree about the TERs though....
markpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2002, 06:43 AM   #36 (permalink)
Canadian, eh?!

I missed about half of this episode, but Idid see some of it. I really loved the line about Jack pretending he's dumber than he is. But come on, it took a teenager to figure that our when Sam, astrophysicist, Daniel, genius linguist guy, and Teal'c, well, haven't really got anything for him, but they couldn't figure that out!?!?!?!? And the future of the universe is in their hands!!!!!!?!?????!!
I think they just assume he's dumb now. When he talked about magnets on the chess pieces he did make sense, and no one even stopped to consider that, they just assumed that because Jack said it it was totally weird or something. Oh well. I'm waiting for an episode where he'll startle the heck out of them by being so smart, and finally having to show it.
Oh, by the way, what was it last week that he was so scientific in? I missed the episode.

catgirl (meow)
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2002, 02:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Keeper of the Gate

I just loved RoP. It was great! Already seen it about 5 times now.

The part about the TER's is right. If they were installed in the gate room Nirti had no chance at all to enter the SGC unnoticed.

But there's something else I would like to point out to you. In 1969 we get to see Cassandra as an old lady. Why is it then that everybody thinks she might die? Or is it just a flaw in the show? They just forgot about 1969.

Anni, I think you are partially right. Not all the way though!

Falcon Horus
Falcon Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 10:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
Expert Member

Location: Sitting in front of my computer, at home, on Chulak.
Quote:
Originally posted by Falcon Horus
But there's something else I would like to point out to you. In 1969 we get to see Cassandra as an old lady. Why is it then that everybody thinks she might die? Or is it just a flaw in the show? They just forgot about 1969.
Maybe it could still kind of split into another alternate reality? Like 2010, they kinda changed the past ... ?
kelsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 05:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Keeper of the Gate

Yeah, that could be!! But 2010 wasn't an alternate universe!! It was them 10 years in the future. Anyway, it was just a thought a friend of mine had. It's good to think about it, though!!

Falcon Horus
Falcon Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2002, 12:23 AM   #40 (permalink)
Official keeper of Narim!

I'm sorry , I really didn't like this ep much. The missing TER really ticked me off, The, oh let's let a G. go to save one little girl where as later on

Spoiler Meridian
oh, Danny's just one person, oh well we can't use all our resources to save him

I did like the Jack one liners. I'd looked forward ot Nirty but was disapointed with her & all in all I don't like Cassie much & never did. I like Anni's usual enlightening soapbox speech. Thanx Anni.
skoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2002, 07:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Official keeper of Narim!

OK just watched that Ree-2 episode again. I guess Nirti could have got through with ease seeing how even when they were checking the SGC after coming back from Reola or what ever the planet is called, in Show & Tell, 5 Ree-2 came back with them without them knowing.
skoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2003, 06:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
First Prime of Burgstrom

Noticed the Daniel/Janet scene in the hallway. Watch that VERY closely, he is DEFINITLY mackin on her!
beckmen is offline   Reply With Quote