Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Books and Writing > Authors > Robert Jordan

Robert Jordan Discuss Wheel of Time and Robert Jordan

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12th February 2005, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Best Wheel of Time novel so far?

Yeah well, I didn't have access to a public library, and that was the only one we had at home, I usually don't like starting in the middle of a series, but I'd run out of good books at that stage, I've got plenty now though Must get those other books aye~
dragonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 02:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
I dig Space Marines

I can never remember which book is which, I started them only recently and read the first 8 in a few months all at once. Which ever one starts (oh, don't look down if you don't want to be spoiled).
.right after he cleanses the source.
laznlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 05:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Brighter than a lightbulb

Yea that was a great part! One of the best thus far in the series. I'm expecting big things from book 11 considering absolutely nothing happened in the Crossroads of Twilight.
Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 10:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Unreg. Mutant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon
I'm expecting big things from book 11 considering absolutely nothing happened in the Crossroads of Twilight.
ha ha ha
yes very true - contentious point this, but do you think Robert Jordan even knows where he's going now?
Publishing "A New Spring" recently made me wonder why he's publishing back story without even finishing the actual story first!

I suppose you might level the same accusation at GRRM for doing the same with the hedge knight, but at least that was a short story and not an entire novel, so didn't take much out of his time for writing the next in the series
Winters_Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 10:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Erikson is GOD > period

The Hedge Knight was written primarily for Legends.. can't compare him to Jordan for that.
hodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 04:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Brighter than a lightbulb

It seems adding prequel books, or additional books, is the popular thing to do for series. Or maybe it's just the profiting thing to do.
Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
I dig Space Marines

I was expecting to hate New Spring, but I really liked. The original was in a Legends compilation and the full length novel felt like I was getting to know old friends better.
laznlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 05:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
wandering

Bit hazy myself now on exactly what happened where, its been a good few years since i last read many of them, but from memory id say The Shadow Rising was my personal favourite. Lots of reasons, I REALLY enjoyed the plot/character development of Perrin and we started to get more of an idea of how Mat would be important, plus how he finally had to start comming to terms with the fact that He WOULD be involved. Finally learning some of the history of groups such as the Tinkers etc. durring the experience that Mat and Rand share.
Quokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 04:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
another brick in the wall

I remember The Shadow Rising being my favorite, though as I read WoT in the seventh grade I can no longer remember why or even what happend. As someone else has already said, its all just a blur at this point.
a|one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2005, 11:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

I just got finished rereading all ten books, I hate prequels, and I would have to say that the last book is my favorite because it is the most intriguing. Anyone have any thoughts on the city So Harbor and how Mat sees dead people also, pages 766 and 767 of Crossroads of Twilight? Too many questions to answer based on the last book.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 04:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

I am only up to book 6 so far, but so far the Lord of Chaos and The Fires of Heaven is the books so far for me. I couldn't put down and couldn't stop reading Fires of Heave and with Lord of Chaos its been the same way.

AUSTIN 3:16
Clavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 01:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Last of the Windsong Clan

For me it was the first book, the flight from their home, the unbleivable realization of what they were. I was totally captivated and I consider it one of the best stories I have ever read. They went from small town "hicks" to the most important people in the last few centuries in that book, it was an amazing ride.

Rahl
Rahl Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 02:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Nightswatch wannabe

The dragon reborn by far was thr greatest, and everything started going downhill after The Fires of Heaven.
cercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2005, 12:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
Red Rane

I haven't read any of the others in an age, but New Spring was so much better than the second half of WoT. Basically because he had to fit an entire story into one book. He's a very good writer, but since his wife become his editor he's stopped writing with an aim, he just packs in more and more pointless detail and gets nowhere

So, New Spring. But from what I can remember of the series proper, Shadow Rising was the best...
Rane Longfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 02:29 AM   #30 (permalink)

For me it was definitely The Eye Of the World. I know it may sound corny but I've read all the books, with the exception of New Spring, twice and I still get chills when Jordan describes the first time Rand channels. He could have begun and ended the series with that book if you ask me.

-Desiree
Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: