Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > Film & TV > Featured TV Series > Highlander > Highlander Movies

Highlander Movies There can be only one! From the dawn of time they came, moving silently among us. Now is the time of The Gathering.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th June 2001, 05:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

really? the catalogue had a box set --

they even had the things on laser disc at one point - i think (not sure on this one)
Highlander II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2001, 08:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired super-mod-erator!

seems like whatever there was is gone now
markpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2001, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

keep checking back -- maybe they'll put something up -

they were running specials on all the series box sets too -- but they're NTSC format ---
Old 12th August 2001, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lookin Good

I thought the renegade version was better too. Still not a great movie, but like you H2 I watch it for Chris and Sean and that's about it :-)
Diamond9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2001, 12:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

i suppose i more like it b/c no one else does -- it's really not that BAD a movie if you take it out of the highlander context ----

i wouldn't have done it that way -- but then again - i didn't make the movie ---
Old 13th August 2001, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lookin Good

*snickers* Yeah...if they let us make some of these shows things would be just a little bit different I think.
Old 13th August 2001, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

yeah - but you know how much the 'suits' pay attention to the fans ---

how long did it take anyone to consider a "Methos"-based series? forever -- what did they do after Highlander ended? they did the Raven -- what a mistake that was - 1st - Amanda is NOT a strong enough character for her own series - and for an immie who's like 1000 yrs old - she's kinda dumb - esp common sense wise - she's been on the streets for 1000 yrs, shouldn't she have picked up some 'street smarts' after all this time??

don't get me wrong, in the Duncan MacLeod timeline, Amanda's a very important character and i kinda like her -- i also think she was very close friends w/ Methos, so i don't toss her away, but i still don't think her character could carry a story -- AND i was RIGHT - the show flopped -- DUH!!! *I* could have told them that b4 they even proposed the idea to the PTB --- METHOS would have made a much more interesting story -- and i think guys would watch him too -- he's just too interesting ---

i understand them wanting a strong female character -- but Amanda just wasn't her --- there were several other female immies that would have been better choices -- or they could have created a whole NEW immie ---

oh - and since Methos and Amanda were good friends -- at some point anyway -- and they at least knew each other (see eps Finale I & II, Methusela's Gift, etc, etc, etc....) -- why was METHOS never on Raven??? Joe was on there like once -- but as much contact w/ Duncan and Methos as Amanda had -- why were these 2 never on the show?? if they had been guest stars, even just 2 or 3 times, i probably would have tried to watch the show more -- but Amanda and her cop friend just weren't enough to get me to watch ----

okay -- the thread topic is Highlander II -- so -- more comments there --

why does everyone in this movie have a car that looks like it's a reject from the movie 'The Great Gadsby' (great movie btw) excpet Connor who is driving a Porsche???? i never understodd that ----
Old 13th August 2001, 01:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

Exclamation

okay - wow - could that post have BEEN any longer??

mini-rant there --- sorry ---- oh well -- should get some discussion going ----
Old 13th August 2001, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lookin Good

Okay first of all I think your 100% right on the Raven issue. I like Amanda, I even have her as a muse, but she shouldn't have gotten her own show. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Methos fan either. He had a lot more depth to his charater than she did, and I'm looking forward to the day when he gets his own series (hint to the powers that be)

As for the cars in Highlander 2, I always thought it was so Conner could have the best looking car in the movie ;-)
Old 13th August 2001, 02:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

so Connor would have the best car -- that's pretty funny -- and probably true --

but - if you look at other movies that show the 'future' -- they frequently have old looking cars - it's weird -- like in the future - we won't be able to come up w/ great new car designs, so we'll have to go back to those 1920's roadster looking things like they drove in "The Thornbirds" --- sheesh ---- what is up w/ that??

don't get me wrong - i LOVE the Porsche - just didn't understand why all the other cars were old ---
Old 14th August 2001, 04:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lookin Good

*shrugs* My guess for this movie is simply that with the whole "world turned to crap" scenario...they just wouldn't spend the time or resources to design and build new cars if they could just use old ones.
Old 14th August 2001, 05:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond9697
*shrugs* My guess for this movie is simply that with the whole "world turned to crap" scenario...they just wouldn't spend the time or resources to design and build new cars if they could just use old ones.
i suppose -- and it fits THIS movie --

but what about all the other 'future' movies that use old cars?? and it's not just the 'world turned to crap' movies either --- it's weird ----

i don't get it ---
Old 25th August 2001, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lookin Good

*thinks for a minute then shrugs* I'm not sure. Maybe the special effects guys just like destroying old cars. I've noticed that in almost all the movies you see it in they are blowing them up or something.
Old 25th August 2001, 04:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
There can be only one!!

i suppose that could be too -----

i still don't understand why they use really old cars --

but -- anyway ----
Old 26th August 2001, 09:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vamp Lover

the idea about the cars is good Dia, and i think that a lot of times, it takes too much effort for them to come up with new ones. I like the idea that connor's got the best car. :-) but my opinion on the movie is that it's okay when only watched by itself.... i can't watch it right after watching the first one though. too confusing for me, and yes, i do know that i'm confused by Swiss Cheese so this state is not new to me. HL2 as a movie is okay, but i really like the RV better than the other one, so i try and persuade people to buy that one if they're looking for one.
Extemper1 is offline   Reply With Quote