Science Fiction Fantasy  
Go Back   Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums > General > Announcements

Announcements Place for sffchronicles announcements, updates, and info on this website only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 8th March 2007, 07:24 PM   #91 (permalink)
I am, the scallywag

Re: Terms of Use

They are not enabled, all you get is the user title and well if you really need extra space you can use your location to sneak in info.
Signatures were disabled some time ago on this forum and no one really complained, so well it was decided that they weren't needed. (It also keeps the scum away you see, most people who care more about package than content don't stay here long that is) .

Oh and BTW if you have any more questions; the feedback section is made just for that .
Old 8th March 2007, 07:53 PM   #92 (permalink)
Mother Confessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalem X View Post
They are not enabled, all you get is the user title and well if you really need extra space you can use your location to sneak in info.
Signatures were disabled some time ago on this forum and no one really complained, so well it was decided that they weren't needed. (It also keeps the scum away you see, most people who care more about package than content don't stay here long that is) .

Oh and BTW if you have any more questions; the feedback section is made just for that .
Okay. Thank you for the info.
Old 8th March 2007, 09:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
Red Rane

Nah, sigs have been disabled.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:14 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Turner View Post
Bah! Klingons eat hecklers for breakfast!
jIyajbe' (i got it from a website)... i find it very hard to understand Klingon...
Old 11th September 2007, 07:32 PM   #95 (permalink)
Yer a Wizard ,Harry

this is a cool website!
Old 15th September 2007, 06:53 AM   #96 (permalink)

it would be nice to have the rules available when joining...
Old 15th September 2007, 07:09 AM   #97 (permalink)
Fortiter et recte!

Just read the first post in this thread.......

And pop over to introductions and tell us a bit about you, your taste in books, films, etc - I guarantee you'll get a warm welcome there
Old 15th September 2007, 07:35 AM   #98 (permalink)
Keep Moving Forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshay View Post
They are. On the navigation bar, right next to the 'Register' button.
Old 17th September 2007, 04:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
Brian G. Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshay View Post
They are actually in the Terms and Conditions you have to agree to when joining up. I guess not everyone actually reads such things.
Old 17th December 2007, 09:38 AM   #100 (permalink)

Is that what you meant by "texting, "using txt"?

Glad for the example because I didn't know know the term (except with IM and cell phones). I, too, abhore the acceptance of "txt" as a means for communication. Unless, of course, you truly must to save time and money when using a cell phone.
Old 17th December 2007, 09:43 AM   #101 (permalink)
I am, the scallywag

Quote:
Is that what you meant by "texting, "using txt"?
Yes, that's what is meant.

Enjoy your stay here.
Old 23rd December 2007, 08:16 PM   #102 (permalink)
Syberia geek

I have to admit, on certain message boards I've been on over the years, there's a tendency to allow too much of things. Too much swearing, too many flamewars, etc. Unfortunately, that leads to more fighting, bickering, and just bad behavior online. (I've been guilty of some of that stuff myself) Eventually, members leave out of anger.

I like that this board has a more "civil" tone overall. It's a nice change from the constant fighting on the comicbook message board I used to be on. (it's good board actually, but too much fighting all the time!)

I do have a question though. I am a big pinup art fan, and fan of the ladies of the comicbooks. Many of these ladies are quite well endowed in the "chest area" in pictures and art. If I want to post these pics every once in awhile relating to my interests, or use them as an avatar, is it ok as long as whatever lady I post is properly covered?

I just figured I'd better ask permission first. I used to use avatars with well endowed ladies sometimes on my comicbook message board, and some members didn't like it and complained about them, , even though they were always properly covered and the mods didn't mind them. It's ironic that some complained about them, since so many of the female characters in comicbooks are quite well endowed. (I think it was several of the female members who complained about them. The guys didn't care)

Sometimes, I also use pictures of models/actresses I like (since I'm bisexual) as an avatar. They are always properly covered of course.

I'll post some example of avatars I've used before on other message boards. If things like this are "ok", let me know. If not, then I'll just use headshots, instead.

Some of the pinup artists I like do quite a bit of sci-fi/fantasy themed art on their ladies. I'd love to share some of that artwork with you, if I'm allowed to post it, as long as all their "lady parts" are properly covered.

I wasn't sure if the examples I posted above are too "adult" or "graphic" as far as rule number two in the code of conduct on here.

Let me know. Thanks!
Old 24th December 2007, 08:01 AM   #103 (permalink)
I am, the scallywag

Of course Brian has the last word on this, but I guess the thing you should consider is: would you have children from say 8 year old and older watch stuff like this? Use your common sense and try to be a little more conservative than what you'd think acceptable and you should be able to stay under the radar.
Old 24th December 2007, 08:43 AM   #104 (permalink)
Syberia geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalem X View Post
Of course Brian has the last word on this, but I guess the thing you should consider is: would you have children from say 8 year old and older watch stuff like this? Use your common sense and try to be a little more conservative than what you'd think acceptable and you should be able to stay under the radar.

I'm assuming there are no eight-year-olds on this message board for me to worry about. (if there are, they'd be highly sophisticated)

I will be careful, obviously, but since I'm a big fan of the comic book ladies, I just wanted permission to use them as avatars sometimes, or other stuff. I also have some ladies in my own artwork. Just wanted to know what Brian's actual "limits" are on images like these. I'm not "conservative" at all, so I wanted to ask specifically, just to be sure. (I won't use them if he tells me not to.)
Old 24th December 2007, 10:44 AM   #105 (permalink)
Brian G. Turner

I think there shouldn't be a problem at all - big breasted women have frequented family films for a long time, the difference being to older viewing films is that they stay covered up.

So I guess so long as we remain with that ethos we'll be fine.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: